By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Engadget: Nintendo MotionPlus Hands-on (hint, they are not impressed)

I'm pretty sure that if you don't understand why 1:1 verses not 1:1 is a big deal, then you're an idiot. Anyone, at all, disagree with that? KoW? Disagree? Send me an email and let me know what you think.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

This website needs to realize that it was cool to bash Nintendo for no reason five years ago...not the case anymore.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I'm pretty sure that if you don't understand why 1:1 verses not 1:1 is a big deal, then you're an idiot. Anyone, at all, disagree with that? KoW? Disagree? Send me an email and let me know what you think.

1:1 Versus 1:1 , i'm confused ...

Million said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

1:1 Versus 1:1 , i'm confused ...

He wasn't very clear with his grammar, but if you actually took the time to look at it, I can't see how you'd be confused. He was comparing a game having 1:1 and a game NOT having 1:1.

How cute. Trollofwale posting the only site that seems oblivious to the MotionPlus.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Broncos724 said:
This website needs to realize that it was cool to bash Nintendo for no reason five years ago...not the case anymore.

It's not often that someone claims VGC as a whole has an anti-nintendo bias.

We sure have come a long way from when ioi was called 'wii_fanboy', eh?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

There are tons of sites that are very positive about Motion Plus. But of course, kingofstale has to post the negative one.

So, do you feel better now?

good to see a website that reviews TVs and Cellphone keep the record straight about video game peripherals..

:: rolleyes ::

when nintendo sued nyko (besides the fact that they needed to), i was really hoping that they were planning to release a wireless nunchuk...
now, looking at these pics and e3 i don't think they are.

seeing as there seems to be another connecion at the end of it.....
i wonder if connect two or three of these suckers on your wiimote
wonder what will happen..........................................

anyway, that dude seems before he used the motionplus he is already set on not liking it.
plus i never cared for that site anyway so i don't listen to them.

also, i have a feeling this isn't the final product. i'm thinking nintendo only announced this early on so that M$ and Sony would less likely announce their own motion controllers, if there ever were one.

kingofwale said:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/16/nintendo-motionplus-hands-on-blah/

Nintendo MotionPlus hands-on: blah.

So yeah, we got a chance to check out Nintendo's new MotionPlus accessory. Wii Sports Resort is the only title announced right now that requires (or supports) MotionPlus, and we gave a couple of the games a run (like sword fighting and jet-skiing). Basically we're at a loss as to how this does anything truly differently or more effectively than the current controllers. We get that it's got additional MEMS accelerometers that supposedly bring the relationship of motion and gameplay to a more 1:1 ratio, and for the motion types we tested, it worked well enough. We guess. But the experience felt basically the same, so what's the deal?

We had booth rep to explain why we needed the MotionPlus for Sports Resort. Not just because the software requires it, but why it NEEDS it, and not just a regular Wiimote. We were told that with previous Wii Sports games, players could kind of get by with a waggle (this is where he started gesticulating with some what random movements), but now you could play all this crazy stuff, like swords and jet skis. But there was absolutely nothing here that felt like it couldn't be accomplished with the regular Wiimote -- or what the Wiimote originally promised. So if it is more accurate and effective in real space, why not just improve the Wiimote experience instead of trying to hock another $30 accessory? As of right now, we'll pass.

Why don't you post the IGN's hand-on too?

You know, just to post a more trustworthy source and a different opinion of yours....