By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Engadget: Nintendo MotionPlus Hands-on (hint, they are not impressed)

It is really just to remove waggle. But $30 is way too much.

Also, how the hell would we use nuchucks in games with that thing attached?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
It is really just to remove waggle. But $30 is way too much.

Also, how the hell would we use nuchucks in games with that thing attached?

It has a hole at the back for the nunchuck...

Former something....

Hmm I think people are siding with the website which has come to the verdict that they most want to be true , I don't think anyone who hasn't used it can say for sure wether it'll work or not.

I think in theory this is what the Wii-Mote should have been from launch , great idea , in practice i'm not sure how practical and usefull Motion plus will turn out to be.

deathcape said:
if IGN said it was good...then seriously...nobody else can say it sucked..they're not impressed? LOL

because none of the games out NEEDED it..the new Zelda won't NEED it...they cna make it waggle again...they choose not to..lol..or else it would SUCK

if they keep it this way they complain:waggle

they fix it..they still complain:not needed

hypocrits...make up your damn mind

Hah that's right... I do remember people saying "There is no way i'd get a wii unless it was 1 to 1!"

Go figure.  Thinking about it... a 1 to 1 first person swordfighting RPG would RULE.

Desroko said:
"The included Wii MotionPlus controller registers every little movement of your arm. Every one. So throwing a Frisbee? It's not about just flicking your wrist any old direction. You've got to keep your arm steady, and stop your throw exactly correctly. Or else your Frisbee is going to go all over the place, and your little dog can't catch it, and he gets mad at you, and there is nothing more demoralizing during a Nintendo game demo. "

Chris Kohler, Wired magazine.

Yeah, sounds like the same old shit.

Now that is what I wanted to hear..... This is the difference.

Basically without Wii motion Plus.... you can do a frisbee throwing action but it would basically just go the same direction all the time.

There wasn't a frisbee game in Wii Sports, all the games were timing based, not spatial awareness based. The Boxing was the exception, but as most of you know, boxing was hard to get used to, it is possible to punch in different directions... I have tested it myself, but it is not very accurate in the direction.

Around the Network

OKay then.

Still seems a little too expensive for my tastes.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Wait, it's gonna cost 30 bucks? That's ridiculous, I used to think PS3 and Xbox360 controllers were expensive, but seeing as how a remote costs 40 Dollars/Euros, nunchucks sell for 20, that's gonna bring the total price of a complete controller to 90 Dollars or Euros??! Times four if you wanna do some multiplayer! Insane! And that's without the batteries! Let alone something like a Zapper or Balance Board. And then there's also the classic or 'Cube controller which is required for a lot of VC software... O.o Fricking heck they can't do that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Um, so I tried the new Motion Plus add on, and it doesn't read my thoughts like I expected it to. It still requires me to make movements to control things. This is similar to how it worked before... WTF?

I trust IGN as well.

Gizmodo says that it makes a very noticeable, improved difference.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"