By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Engadget: Nintendo MotionPlus Hands-on (hint, they are not impressed)

alpha_dk said:
Broncos724 said:
This website needs to realize that it was cool to bash Nintendo for no reason five years ago...not the case anymore.

It's not often that someone claims VGC as a whole has an anti-nintendo bias.

We sure have come a long way from when ioi was called 'wii_fanboy', eh?

He meant the website that ran the article, Engadget.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

lol @ the wii boys attacking kow over a negative Wii article. I don't see why you guys are attacking him over this. Keep on posting news kow.

If Nintendo is going to push for more developers to use this, I would hope for an updated Wii Remote that integrates the Motion Plus functionality into it.

Not entirely necessary since most games don't even make full use of the current motion controls, much less Motion Plus, but it would be nice to have this in one unit as a replacement standard controller.

The fact that an add-on peripheral is already being made means that previous owners (particularly those with 4 remotes) aren't being completely hosed.

FYI Miyamoto has said in interview that its possible it will come packed in with Wii-remotes standard. And that you just have to get one for your existing Wii-Remotes.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
FYI Miyamoto has said in interview that its possible it will come packed in with Wii-remotes standard. And that you just have to get one for your existing Wii-Remotes.

This is a pretty good plan. I sort of see this as the equivalent to the N64 memory pack. It'll be required for many games in 2 years.

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
where are they getting the $30 price from? that sounds too expensive.

I've heard from $20-30.  If anyone has found a website that actually gives a price I would like to see it.

I'm hoping they get packed in with new Wiimotes.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

GlingGling said:
Does anyone realize the nunchuck won't have 1:1? Making 1:1 boxing games... not so possible after all (unless you have four Wiimotes with four motionpluses - nobody is going to pay for that). The tech was probably too expensive or not ready when the Wii was launched so they launched without it.

I think this is a great move. Nintendo has always done this sort of incremental upgrading and I think it is a great way to stay profitable and competitive.

Nintendo will have to introduce a Motion Plus Nunchuk if that's the direction they're trying to steer all development towards.

Currently, it looks like Motion Plus will be reserved for select titles that actually require the additional user input, which is fine, but does make the add-on purely optional rather than something everyone with a Wii will buy.

I think the typical user doesn't know what the real benefits of 1:1 controls provide and would only be buying it for Wii Sports Resort rather than under the presumption that it will make all Wii games that much better or easier to play.

Now if Nintendo makes this additional functionality standard (integrated controller), then that opens the floodgates.

What a flamebaiting thread title to choose. It's not the first time he does it so that's why people jump over him, trolls are always attacked.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I could very well see a price of $30 with Wii Sports Resort.

$20 separately would put it on par with a Nunchuk.

greenmedic88 said:
GlingGling said:
Does anyone realize the nunchuck won't have 1:1? Making 1:1 boxing games... not so possible after all (unless you have four Wiimotes with four motionpluses - nobody is going to pay for that). The tech was probably too expensive or not ready when the Wii was launched so they launched without it.

I think this is a great move. Nintendo has always done this sort of incremental upgrading and I think it is a great way to stay profitable and competitive.

Nintendo will have to introduce a Motion Plus Nunchuk if that's the direction they're trying to steer all development towards.

Currently, it looks like Motion Plus will be reserved for select titles that actually require the additional user input, which is fine, but does make the add-on purely optional rather than something everyone with a Wii will buy.

I think the typical user doesn't know what the real benefits of 1:1 controls provide and would only be buying it for Wii Sports Resort rather than under the presumption that it will make all Wii games that much better or easier to play.

Now if Nintendo makes this additional functionality standard (integrated controller), then that opens the floodgates.

The typical user doesn't need to know the real benefits of 1:1. The name says it all: Wii MotionPlus. It's like motion... BUT BETTER!