By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGChartz Members Failure rates.

I've had my 360 since launch and it has died twice.

Around the Network

I had my console for 33 days. It started acting odd on the 32nd, I thought it was just lag because of lots of action/units onscreen (I was getting into the later missions in a game and I had heard that the game dropped frames occasionally - LOTR: BFME II)

10 minutes into playing on the 33rd day it crashed HARD. The most I can get is 3-4 minutes before it locks up completely.

I'm currently waiting for my repair coffin, er box, thank you.

I am a big Nintendo supporter, and an XBOX fan, so I was totally into the idea of Wii60, now, now I'm not so sure. MS seemed pretty cool about the repairs, but this BS should NOT be happening AT ALL.

Seeing as I havn't Updated in a while and it's a new page:

17 Failures/39. (3 people have made a profile just to post here. All others have been known people. (2 failures, 1 non) (43%).

Yes yes, this is non scientific. Do you know how it would be scientific and verifiable? To ensure no one actually lied about ever owning or bricking a console, I'd need receipts and records. Not everyone keeps that. For the love of god, you tools who keep yelling and bitching about this being non scientific are getting almost desperate. This is not scientific. This is a general poll to see, of members of this site, how high the failure rate it. The way you're acting, if I was omniscient, saw every failure of only members, you'd still whine about the god damn results because we wouldn't know if I were actually omniscient. Seems fair to assume that, but with this community, I'd like to think it's somewhat fair to assume most people aren't lying. Suck it up. And enjoy your 360.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

wow im #103 in predictions wow, I went up from 300 to this dam!! The 360 is awsome if you get it broken buy a new one its awsome seriously, you cant sell your games so you might as well get a 360.

mM

Launch day 360 here, and still going strong. Only a handful of freezes since I got it as well. In fact, yesterday was the first freeze I experienced since last year.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

Around the Network

I'm on my 4th ps2. The first three died. It'll be awhile before I get a PS3 if i ever do. I haven't heard alot of bad stories about PS3 dying but after all the trouble i've had I none to eager to repeat buying sony especially for 600 dollars. If i would actually use the blue ray I might but i am pretty happy with dvd and their alot cheaper. Honestly I would have probably still bought one if the price was the same as 360. As for my Xbox the first one i've had for over 5 years and its never broke. My Xbox 360 broke down once since I bought it at launch and since then I haven't had any problems which in almost 2 years times isn't so bad.

This is directly from a similar pole done at gamespot. Make of it what you will. I have used 33% as my conservative estimate (just to apease the fans) while noting that the real figure is probably about 50%.

"Has your Xbox 360 failed? "

Nope. (40%)

Yeah, but I got it replaced for free. (14%)

Yes. And I had to pay to get it fixed. (5%)

Yes! Twice! (5%)

@#$% YES!! More than twice!!!!! (6%)

Pfft! You think I would actually buy an Xbox 360? (27%)

Looking at the above. You would need to count the 4th line twice and the 5th line at least 3 times if you want to know defective rate (we are not looking at sales just defective consoles).

The total then would be about 12,999 problem free. 16,426 defective ( 4783 + 1818 + 1668 x2 + 2163 x3 using a conservative estimate). That puts the failure rate at about 55.8%...

My 360 died as soon as I got it, so I had to repair it after. Since then, no problems.

18/42 (Assuming samyza is referring to a crash, not a need to get it shipped and repaired)

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
18/42 (Assuming samyza is referring to a crash, not a need to get it shipped and repaired)

I am not sure where youre getting your numbers... I just went through the entire post and got 25/47 consoles defective. Not counting a new poster makes no sense nor does not counting hearsay since everything here is essentially annonymous thus its all hearsay anyway but just to stay on topic I didnt count 3rd party breakage.

Back to the point, the only few people I didnt count were ones who said it is breaking down but it isnt broken yet. I wasnt sure what to do with their answer so I just left them out. Also note that 1 person with multiple failures needs to be counted more than once otherwise we are not calculating system failure rates but rather how many people have had a defective system at some time. These are very different stats but the later doesnt give us anything useful. We need the former stat (system failure rates).