By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGChartz Members Failure rates.

My son's Xbox360 had 3 red lights after 11 months and went for repair.

Mine had no problems but I only had it 8 months before I sold it.

Around the Network

I am on my second PS2, which I've had for three years and is starting to Disk read Error. My 360 gave me the ring of fire. My Wii isn't recognizing the SD card, I am sending it in (error 205927). My NES no longer works, the connections are too corroded. I have to restart my SNES every once in a while. My Genesis is slightly worse off then my SNES. My Atari 2600 works almost perfect, very rarely I have to reinsert the game. My Dreamcast works. my PS1 works. My DS works. My GBA, and my original GB both work.

7.5/13 failure rate. (oddly my oldests systems work better minus the NES)

I don't consider these to be my fault, they just are faulty. My 360 had an intercooler, and sat on a shelf by it's self. My 2 PS2 put in a good 3 years, though I would prefer more life. My wii appearantly had this problem from the Factory at launch, I just caught it two days ago.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

No problems but I only had mine about 6 months before I let my brother buy it from me.

I had my first Xbox 360 for 13 months before I had it replaced due to constantly freezing. It would freeze about once every 15 min. I'm on my second Xbox 360, but I've only had it a month now.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I wonder if it was just a bad first wave of 360s that are burning out after their first year? Maybe the rest will be ok?

Around the Network
Andrew said:
OriGin said:
Why not count people who have had 5 or 6 consoles fail??? it's still another 1 out of 1 that failed, it's a different console

If I own 6 consoles and 4 of them fail that's 4/6

If 6 people own 6 consoles and 4 out of the fail that's still 4/6

You should count people who have had MORE than one fail...

I like this thread, I just think it should take into account the REAL evidence rather than only taking 1 per person...

When you have that many breaking down its the persons fault not the manufactorer

I've had to own three PS2's.

Not that you would trust my word, but I can assure you that there was nothing I did to contribute to their level of failure. With the rise of multimedia giants aiming to get a piece of the gaming industry, we have seen a rise in lack of quality in hardware.

Gballzack-- It has pretty much been established that 360's problem is a design flaw. The cooling system runs right underneath the DVD drive, and the vast amount of heat produced by the units has a tendency to melt the solder an cause major issues; hence the red lights of death.

Thing is, not even the Elite fixed any of the design flaw problems and nor did any of its predecessors. Most concur that M$ won't forwardly address this issue due to concerns with a recall ( much like they dodged the accusations of the 360 scratching discs until recently), as the failure rate numbers often prove high enough to allow one.  With the likes of Peter Moore saying "Things break", I think we all can get a picture of what M$ thinks of this problem: They are some how banking on the notion that people will just continue to buy their lemons.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

I had one 360 go bad. I bought it in Nov 05 and it went bad with 15,000 GP in April of 07. RROD

I got a refub off ebay 2 months ago. It red rings every time there's a power surge, but its never stayed dead. Just had to turn it off and turn it back on.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

i went through 3 xbox 360s before i sad screw it and traded it in at EB Games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
Andrew said:
OriGin said:
Words

Words

Words

Look at it this way. If 1 in 10 break what is the chance that you will get 3 of them that do so? 1 in 1000. Many of them can overheat by stuff you don't expect them too. Leaving them on top of the t.v. can fry them. Now I won't argue that Xbox 360's breaking down is the owners fault, but if you have that many break down and they all break in the same space well then it means that it is probably your fault.

And to Origin: Thanks for calling me a idiot, you made my day.