By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGChartz Members Failure rates.

well in that case everyone who has had a console fail counts as 1/2

more accurate would be a MTTF (Mean Time To Failure) which is the kind of statistics which are important when it comes to manufacturing, but of course if we don't know what is causing the failure, it's difficult to predict whether the current good 360s will continue to work well or whether they will die but are just taking longer

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Anyone interested in taking the numbers further, it's not like I'm getting Pm'ed a wealth of information. Feel free to apply what you've found here if you really want it.

Since we're now on Page 2:

Update:
14/32 (43%)

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Andrew said:
OriGin said:
Why not count people who have had 5 or 6 consoles fail??? it's still another 1 out of 1 that failed, it's a different console

If I own 6 consoles and 4 of them fail that's 4/6

If 6 people own 6 consoles and 4 out of the fail that's still 4/6

You should count people who have had MORE than one fail...

I like this thread, I just think it should take into account the REAL evidence rather than only taking 1 per person...

When you have that many breaking down its the persons fault not the manufactorer

Whatever.

I have three 360's and have replaced the one in the living room(premium) once and the one in my bedroom(premium) twice. The one in the second bedroom(core) has never had a problem but is used mainly as a media center extender. All 3 had bad disc drives as far as I can figure. I got constant DRE's and they even tried to read games as movie DVD's. First one lasted 3 months or so, one was devective out of the box, and one lasted for 6 months. But according to OP that only counts as 1.

I'm on a good streak though and haven't had to replace one since January, but then again, I haven't played much since then either. I just got GHII a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty awesome.

Andrew said:
OriGin said:
Why not count people who have had 5 or 6 consoles fail??? it's still another 1 out of 1 that failed, it's a different console

If I own 6 consoles and 4 of them fail that's 4/6

If 6 people own 6 consoles and 4 out of the fail that's still 4/6

You should count people who have had MORE than one fail...

I like this thread, I just think it should take into account the REAL evidence rather than only taking 1 per person...

When you have that many breaking down its the persons fault not the manufactorer

When someone makes an assumtion about another persons actions without knowing any details it makes them a presumptious idiot.

I myself haven't had this problem, but it's another 'i know someone' story but one of my best mates keeps all of his stuff in fanatical condition and has had their box break 3 times... it's the re-furbs that Microsoft and re-distributing that is adding to the problem because they bust after a short amount of time as well.

This poll is getting stupid...

Someone said: Uhhh, I know one that has had many failures... I will get him to post...

You don't see me saing: Uhhh, I know a lot of people, that didn't have any problems, I will get them to post..

Stupid..

Around the Network

You can insult me, but never, ever insult the program!

Huh. 50% of my comments are just pop culture quotes. I wonder when I'll become original. Then again, very few people actually get the quotes, since they are sometimes obscure and often North American based.

See Ya George.

ok.i'll post my proof of 3 dead xboxs.first was the core system:ebay item 8238330884  from user miarap that i went overboard and paid 630 for.kid wanted one bad.second was the premium  serial number 302480461906 purchased december 2006.now the latest dead premium (replacement)424746163**5 mnf date of 9-8-2006.so i got a newer model and it was worse?they all have been in the open on top of a large tv cart and not near anything to cause poor circulation.house is airconditioned to 67* in summer.heated to 68* in winter so no hot conditions.brick is off the floor on the far side of cart and also well ventilated.my atari jaguar is upstairs (1993 bought) and still plays AVP just fine and cd player plays well also having never been cleaned since 1993.upstairs is not airconditioned and around 80*+ sometimes.original xbox had dvd drive die,but that was 4 years after i had it and got a replacement on ebay and that was originally a refurbed unti to begin with. and still going strong in the bedroom.

Hello

I have a xbox 360 from the europe launch (december 2005). It's used a lot by the clients to try the games and never had a problem. I hope it will continue that way. :)

Bye.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?

Well, that one was remarkably polite. Not often there are salutations and goodbyes on a forum. I'll change the numbers when I wake up.

See Ya George.

No probs yet (15 May 07) thank god