By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After E3, who has the better game line-up? Sony or Microsoft?

I'm sorry I thought you meant after E3, who would have the best winter lineup

I get it now

POST E3-- PRE END OF YEAR?

Sorry, that seems a bit pointless to me if your not looking for the winter lineups but the timeframe only, but carryon

I say, Gears 2>Resistance2>LBP>Fable2>SOCOM>Banjo>Afrika>Infinite Discovery>Left for Dead>Valkaria Chronicles

So pretty even, but Sony has the most hardware effecting games. PS3 wins.

Around the Network

360... and its not a close call for me, GeoW2 + Fable 2 is better than anything else IMO...

Jandre002 said:

I get it now

Sorry, that seems a bit pointless to me if your not looking for the winter lineups but the timeframe only, but carryon

I say, Gears 2>Resistance2>LBP>Fable2>SOCOM>Banjo>Afrika>Infinite Discovery>Left for Dead>Valkaria Chronicles

Not pointless at all especially in view of this site.  The majority of annual sales occur during this period of time and as such, the software titles being promoted at this time will drastically effect sales. 

Secondly, I dont understand the following, "Sony has the most hardware effecting games. PS3 wins."  I disagree with you as I have really not seen anything yet that the PS3 does that the 360 cannot do.  This is a whole new thread in itself but just wanted to state this point as you stated yours. 

Fanatical111 said:

The candidates ranked in order from best to worst based on my opinion:

Sony:

1. Resistance 2

2. Little Big Planet

3. Socom Confrontation

4. Afrika Motorstorm:Pacific Rift

5. Valkaria Chronicles MGS4

PS3 hands down.

360:

1. Gears 2

2. Fable 2

3. Banjo Nuts and Bolts

4. Left 4 Dead Multiplatform after E3

5. Infinite Undiscovery

My thoughts:

Resistance 2 looks like it will be a good game. I am not certain if it will be unbelieveable or trend setting but it the visuals from e3 looked good.

Little Big Plant will be the best platformer of 2008 IMO. I was really impressed with this yesterday. I thought Banjo would be much better but after seeing some gameplay I think that it provides so much innovation that cannot be ignored.

I didnt hear or see much of Socom and as such it is only here do to brand.

Afrika and Valkaria Chronicles I am intrigued by but have yet to see to much on these games. I am not too sure what is coming Sony's way this year but feel free to list games that you are excited about.

____

Gears 2 will be the biggest title this holiday season and righly so. I was blown away with the gameplay footage shown and really believe that this titled has been fine tuned and polished. The visuals look stunning and maybe the best of this generation.

Fable 2 I am most excited about. I think this game maybe the most innovative game this generation based on what I have seen with the pub games and orb co-op element.

Banjo looks great and will be the best platformer avaliable on the 360. I think LBP will be the best of the year with Banjo a close second.

Left 4 Dead will be the sleeper hit of 2008. If you don't believe me remeber who developed this game (Counter Strike Source anyone?). I think it has a shot to be a top 3 XBL game, lets hope the single player is great aswell.

Infinite Undiscovery I wont probably get. I am more inclinded to get LO or Last Reminent this year but it appears that many are excited about this game. Hopefully it turns out well and I will change my mind.

My choice is the 360 for variety and because Fable 2 and Gears 2 are in my top 5 games of this year.

I am to lazy to count :D

Around the Network

I find it funny how every year sony fans end up pointing to the next one.

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

It's all a matter of personall opinion. I go SONY.

4 ≈ One

Fanatical111 said:
Jandre002 said:

I get it now

Not pointless at all especially in view of this site.  The majority of annual sales occur during this period of time and as such, the software titles being promoted at this time will drastically effect sales. 

Secondly, I dont understand the following, "Sony has the most hardware effecting games. PS3 wins."  I disagree with you as I have really not seen anything yet that the PS3 does that the 360 cannot do.  This is a whole new thread in itself but just wanted to state this point as you stated yours. 

I wont argue in this thread because its not worth it, but MGS4 will probably outsell all those titles on the 360 list besides Gears 2 and Fable 2 this holiday season. I doubt Banjo, ID, or L4D will move as much hardware, and MGS4 has locked up GOTY already, unless Gears 2 can magically pull a perfect 100 from 20+ sites, which I gotta say I am doubting atm.

But we shall see, but beyond Gears 2 I dont think anything listed is "epic" or "revolutionary". Fable 2 atleast has a hardcore following, but so does Resistance, and definitely SOCOM. Thats all im saying. But without MGS4, its close like I said.

Groucho said:

Since I am *really* sick of shooters at this point, and I consider them all a wash (and the market is starting to agree with me, it seems), I would have to boil down your list to:

LBP (1st party excl) + Afrika (1st party excl) + VC (timed excl? not sure)
vs
BK (1st party excl) + Fable2 (2nd party excl -- MS owns Fable name I think) + IU (3rd party timed excl)

I'd say that the PS3 wins by a smidgeon, mostly due to my belief that VC will turn out better than IU, and that LBP is almost guaranteed to be better than BK. I'm really talking LTD attach here, but I believe the quality of the titles goes hand-in-hand.

I actually think there's a lot more to this picture than the 5 games you have listed, and I would definately consider the PS3 on top, all things considered.

Microsoft owns Lionhead Studios! Also you put a Sega RPG above a Tri-Ace RPG? I didn't now they still had it in that area.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I think a lot of folks make the mistake of placing "technical marvel" above "fun game" and "capable of making lots of money"

The 10 games listed by the OP, in my opinion

Technical Marvel order:
Resistance2 > Gears2 > L4D > Fable 2 > LBP > Afrika > SOCOM > (BK, VC, IU)

Game potential fun order (highly subjective):
LBP > BK > (VC, IU, Fable2) > (SOCOM, Resistance2, Gears2) > L4D, Afrika

Attach-rate order (my take, of course):
LBP > Resistance2 > Gears2 > BK > (VC, IU, Fable2) > Afrika > SOCOM > L4D

Raw income order (based on previous orders, and current console totals):
Gears2 > BK > Resistance2 > LBP > IU > Fable2 > SOCOM > Afrika > VC > L4D

(yeah, I'm calling L4D as a dud)