By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one underwhelmed by GH3 Aerosmith Wii sales ?

Speaking as a person whose played through the game, I can't say I'm not suprised that it hasn't performed that well acreoss all platforms because the game just isn't that great. It's way too easy and the songs they selected are not the best.

It's a mediocre title in every sense of the word.

EDIT: @ Ali  I guess that's why the Wii version of GH:3 is outselling the other platforms months after launch; becuase games don't sell on wii /sarcasm.

Around the Network

Poor Ail: he tries to make a point, and then the rest of you bring in facts and logic to ruin it. You're all the biggest jerks on the planet!

Well IMO lets wait and see what legs will the game have ;) In a couple of weeks we will see what will trully happen with the game ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Wow, a nice biased anti-Wii thread. I guess it was about time.

I guess Activision should feel really bad about making games for Wii when the Wii version of GH3 sold most of all current gen consoles. Oh yeah: that without a previous GH on the system so everyone had to buy the guitar with it. How's that for revenue?

By the way, you know that the legs of Wii games are usually much better.

And of course as always when someone wants to prove a completely ridiculous statement the attach rates show up...

Maybe Wii fans are smarter & saving up for GH:WT or RockBand 2?

Around the Network
donathos said:
Maybe Wii fans are smarter & saving up for GH:WT or RockBand 2?

No need to say any group is "smarter".  And Wii owners would probably have less incentive to buy GH:A not because of RB2 but because RB just released a few weeks ago whereas it was months back on PS3/360.

Ali, you should really accept the fact that the wii is winning, Have some dignity. This kind of threads are gettin old, even for you.

Many people aren't that interested in GH aerosmith. A friend who has an xbox360 prefered to save money for GH on tour than spending it on GH aerosmith.

I don't see why wii owners wouldn't do the same.

Bluelava said:

NPD Top 20 for June has the Wii version of the game being the highest seller (which is what I thought as it was always above the other versions on Amazon).

The NPD chart has Wii Aerosmith at 14, 360 Aerosmith at 16 and PS2 Aerosmith at 17 in the charts...so very different from VG Chartz.

@Ail - Are you going to make a reply to this chart at all?

Well, looks like I hit this thread a bit late...

Still, I'm wonder many more NPDs like this will we have to see before people are finally forced to abandon the talking point that third party games don't sell on the Wii, and fall back to another one.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Kenny said:
Well, looks like I hit this thread a bit late...

Still, I'm wonder many more NPDs like this will we have to see before people are finally forced to abandon the talking point that third party games don't sell on the Wii, and fall back to another one.

Nah. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Wii haters will still cherry-pick each and every time a third party game does bad on the Wii and use it as evidence that third-party games don't sell.

Also note on that NPD chart that the Wii version of Lego Indiana Jones outsold even the mighty DS, and that Rock Band - despite being little more than a PS2 port released over half a year after the fact - still managed 12th place.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom