By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FFXIII for X360 how many discs will it need?

two blue ray disks and 10 dvds

Around the Network

PS3 developers often use a lot of space with silly unnecessary things like uncompressed audio which virtually no one takes advantage of (due to not having the ears and/or audio system to notice it).

If this game ends up taking up 50 GB on its PS3 version because of things like that, the 360 version won't need as many DVDs as some are predicting as long as it uses decently compressed audio.

I'd say it won't take more than 3 DVDs (not including special content).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Pristine20 said:

This is a nonentity. As far as JRPGs go, we've been swapping discs since the advent of the ps1. Even if it's 10 discs, only those who need wii fit would care!

LOL.  Good points.

Pristine20 said:

This is a nonentity. As far as JRPGs go, we've been swapping discs since the advent of the ps1. Even if it's 10 discs, only those who need wii fit would care!

It's not that ppl have problems swapping discs, it's just that if there's a choice to swap discs or not swap discs, then most ppl will probably choose the more convenient option.

It will require 1 disk for those people who download and install the whole game on their Xbox 360 Pro 60gb/Elite.

For those that don't it will be between 3-5 disks usings LO as a guide.

Tease.

Around the Network

Billion.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Has square actually said how much of a blu-ray disk this game takes, Either way I think 3 or possibly 4, Largest number of disks I used on one game was FF8 which had 4 at the time.

Being that the game data on a Blu-Ray is copied many times on a disc, I could see 4 disc for the 360 version. It really does not matter since you will be able to install the entire game on the HD.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

From what I hear, Jap developers use uncompressed audio. They could at least use a lossless compression method. The quality is the exact same, hence the name, and the only drawback is the time it takes to decompress it. I imagine this is negligible.

Or with the new install and run from console 2 disks, zipped, then use one for full play, honestly given that i have played games with up to 6 cds on prior consoles/pc, it wont bother me.... not like swapping 3.5 floppies for each level

every one saying it cant be a forced option, i feel tha will be enforced in xboxs future much like sony belived in backwards compatability... just a crappy talking point 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog