By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FFXIII for X360 how many discs will it need?

4 the same as lost odyssey

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
f they want the SAME experience as the PS3 version, and IF the PS3 version fills up the full 50 gigs, realistically I'd say 8 disc's.

The 360 DRM allows about 7 gig per disc, and on multi-disc games you need to have the game's engine on each disc, I'll assume that takes up about a gig of space, giving around 6 gigs of data per disc. 50/6 leaves room for 8 discs. That's if they want the same quality audio, same resolution FMV, and IF SE takes up the full 50 gigs.

There also has to be a lot of repeated data, but that could be overcome by adding an HDD install

This is a nonentity. As far as JRPGs go, we've been swapping discs since the advent of the ps1. Even if it's 10 discs, only those who need wii fit would care!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

4 or 8 =)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ChronotriggerJM said:
f they want the SAME experience as the PS3 version, and IF the PS3 version fills up the full 50 gigs, realistically I'd say 8 disc's.

The 360 DRM allows about 7 gig per disc, and on multi-disc games you need to have the game's engine on each disc, I'll assume that takes up about a gig of space, giving around 6 gigs of data per disc. 50/6 leaves room for 8 discs. That's if they want the same quality audio, same resolution FMV, and IF SE takes up the full 50 gigs.

It may not be 1:1 though.  They may compress more since space is an issue with the 360.  Also some devs like to place data twice on a BR to help it load faster which would knock up the size quite a bit.  If they didn't do that with the DVDs it should also be less size than the PS3 version.

I'd still say around 4-5.  Wasn't either BD or LO 4 discs? And i'm guessing FFXIII will go above and beyond that.

Around the Network

If the 360 version doesn't have 7.1 audio, it'll take up much less space. But I won't hazard a guess.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm sticking with my original prediction of 5.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

2, does it matter?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
eliasg said:
4 the same as lost odyssey

Lost Odyssey was just over 20GB.

Munkeh111 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

There also has to be a lot of repeated data, but that could be overcome by adding an HDD install

True, but taking into consideration that not every 360 has a hard drive, it can't be a forced option. I'd say we could literally see 8 disc's for FFXIII.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.