By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FFXIII for X360 how many discs will it need?

NJ5 said:
PS3 developers often use a lot of space with silly unnecessary things like uncompressed audio which virtually no one takes advantage of (due to not having the ears and/or audio system to notice it).

If this game ends up taking up 50 GB on its PS3 version because of things like that, the 360 version won't need as many DVDs as some are predicting as long as it uses decently compressed audio.

I'd say it won't take more than 3 DVDs (not including special content).

I'm sorry but I'm calling BS on this post. Won't take more than 3? What the hell was Lost Odyssey's excuse o.O? You and I both know this game will take up excessive amounts of space and your going to tell me it's taking less than lost odyssey? And as I mentioned, if they want the SAME GAME. Uncompressed audio/video and all, it could take up to 8 dvd's.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
NJ5 said:
PS3 developers often use a lot of space with silly unnecessary things like uncompressed audio which virtually no one takes advantage of (due to not having the ears and/or audio system to notice it).

If this game ends up taking up 50 GB on its PS3 version because of things like that, the 360 version won't need as many DVDs as some are predicting as long as it uses decently compressed audio.

I'm sorry but I'm calling BS on this post. Won't take more than 3? What the hell was Lost Odyssey's excuse o.O? You and I both know this game will take up excessive amounts of space and your going to tell me it's taking less than lost odyssey? And as I mentioned, if they want the SAME GAME. Uncompressed audio/video and all, it could take up to 8 dvd's.

Read my above post.

Lost Odyssey used 4, so I'd guess FFXIII will use 5 or possibly 6.

ChronotriggerJM said:
f they want the SAME experience as the PS3 version, and IF the PS3 version fills up the full 50 gigs, realistically I'd say 8 disc's.

The 360 DRM allows about 7 gig per disc, and on multi-disc games you need to have the game's engine on each disc, I'll assume that takes up about a gig of space, giving around 6 gigs of data per disc. 50/6 leaves room for 8 discs. That's if they want the same quality audio, same resolution FMV, and IF SE takes up the full 50 gigs.

They can solve that with installing it on the HD.

ChronotriggerJM said:
NJ5 said:

Uncompressed video? Are you crazy? ...

As I said, uncompressed audio is unnecessary, very few people can tell the difference and many of them don't have a good enough audio system to notice it anyway.

Granted, I didn't know about Lost Odyssey. That part of my post was just a guess, and not the main reason I posted.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

6 Discs if the OP is correct

i would say about 7

konnichiwa said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
f they want the SAME experience as the PS3 version, and IF the PS3 version fills up the full 50 gigs, realistically I'd say 8 disc's.

The 360 DRM allows about 7 gig per disc, and on multi-disc games you need to have the game's engine on each disc, I'll assume that takes up about a gig of space, giving around 6 gigs of data per disc. 50/6 leaves room for 8 discs. That's if they want the same quality audio, same resolution FMV, and IF SE takes up the full 50 gigs.

They can solve that with installing it on the HD.

Which is great for the people with one :/ Unfortunately they can't plan around that fact, you'd alienate userbase. The game has to ship with resources that work for all models.

@Jagged, the uncompressed audio isn't a must have, I understand this, but it frees up memory for other resources and some people will swear by it. Regardless of whether or not it's usefull to you or me, if the 360 version doesn't have it, the PS3's audio is superior :/ If they wanted an IDENTICAL copy of the game, tailor fited to use the PS3's resources. That's what we'd be looking at.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

My first post.
FFXIII will be 100 GB, 2 Blu-Ray discs and 15 DVDs for XBOX 360
FFXIII Sales predictions - PS3 - 12 million, 360 - 0.01 million
infinite undiscovery - 0.3 million lifetime

Im not a PS3 fanboy.

5 or 6 discs