By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 furthers N's commitment to destroying the industry

I bet we will see some more stuff at TGS.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
ssj12 said:
I think you people are missing his argument.

He is stating Nintendo is throwing away Zelda and Mario Platformer gamers for Mario Party, Wii Music, Wii Sports, and mini-game players.

Mario Party has been here since the N64 days. I don't see how that would count.

it is still a different audience of gamers then platformers and Zelda.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

He is stating Nintendo is throwing away Zelda and Mario Platformer gamers for Mario Party, Wii Music, Wii Sports, and mini-game players.

You can't make a conclusion like that based on one presentation ...

It was clear that Nintendo was not using this presentation to talk about "Core" games, if at the end of E3 there are no announcements of games like Zelda, Kid Icarus, Disaster: Day of Crysis, or another core series then he may have a point.

Aiemond said:
I bet we will see some more stuff at TGS.

Nintendo doesnt go to TGS

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

That's not his argument at all.  No need to turn this into a "Nintendo is abandoning the core gamer".  He is talking about Nintendo ruining the industry by not striving for his own "cultured" artistic ideals.  You can't honestly tell me Super Mario 64 would qualify under that, can you? 

If he honestly responds and agrees that Super Mario Sunshine has the "artistic merit" he was speaking of then an argument could be made that this is moreso about the Wii's shift from Nintendo's older style.

Around the Network

The truth is, there's an industry quota for cutscenes and long stories. MGS4 used it all up, no one else is allowed to make a game with cutscenes or deep storylines for the rest of the year. =)

You all are a bunch of ignorant people, his OP isn't making games funs = bad. It's that they focused on pure party games and nothing else this E3(shows the company's direction and party games don't have epic storylines longtime gamers will always remember). Even though this was obvious and I thought they did a fine job due to my expectations.

EDIT: SSJ12 beat me to it

If you are looking for art, culture and higher forms of human expression, don't bother looking for it in video games. Read a book, go to an art museum, attend a concert or better yet write a book, or learn to play a real instrument.

Video games are by definition ENTERTAINMENT. You will no more grow intellectually or spiritually from video games than from a movie.

Fun is exactly what all video games deliver, and all they deliver. Your idea of fun is just different, and not necessarily better.

So chill and get a grip. They are called Video GAMES - note the word game. If my idea of a good time is playing with crazed rabbits using my butt as a control, who are you to judge. If I wanted to play some overly violent, melodramatic, war to save the Earth from aliens, zombies or whatever is the villain de jour, I would do that instead. But I would not pretend that the story was great literature and the experience worthy of college credit. They all are fricking GAMES.

HappySqurriel said:
ssj12 said:

You can't make a conclusion like that based on one presentation ...

It was clear that Nintendo was not using this presentation to talk about "Core" games, if at the end of E3 there are no announcements of games like Zelda, Kid Icarus, Disaster: Day of Crysis, or another core series then he may have a point.

Not to mention if you listened to Nintendo's post-E3 interview on G4 Reggie basically said "Our Mairo and Zelda teams keep working, but we aren't going to show anything till we have something substantial to show."  Whether you prefer that method or 3 years of CGI trailers (FFXIII) is your opinion.

Well Nintendo's press conference did suck. Where was Zelda, where was Kid Icarus, where the f*ck was Pikmin? Instead we got 'casual' crap. If that is all Nintendo's announcements, then they have abandoned the hardcore, and the people who kept them alive in the GameCube era.