By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has lost another fan

@ Hunter_Alien

Somehow I think it will be more than just one fan.

@ Windbane

People are way overreacting to this, I mean, just look at all the damage control you and everyone else have been posting, for every person claiming doom for Sony there are 72 others making lists of reasons the Ps3 is still okay.

Just relax, I'm sure Sony will announce something devestating at this year's E3.

Around the Network

NVM im not mad anymore, after what i saw from E3 sony has a lot of very good games coming this and next year, i just dont like what microsoft does, cant they get there own games? instead of stealing exclusives

@OP
imo you seriously need to calm down.
Take everything into perspective and realize that there is very direct competition from Microsoft this generation.

The company that is famous for creating monopolies.

But Sony is still great and always will be, and until Microsoft has a better 1st and 2nd party devs, and better hardware... then the ball is still in Sony's court. IMO.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

KBG29 said:
Final Fantasy XIII is still coming to PS3. Sony does not buy exclusives. Lets wait tell Sony shows what true exclusives are tomorrow. Iam talking about in house never to be released anywhere else.

Keep telling yourself that.

They buy exclusives. They just don't have the kidna cash and other favors it'd take to keep FF13 exclusive.

They do but exclusives. They just find fun gimics of doing it like paying for advertising costs and cutting breaks on royalties.

Either way it seems like a silly idea.

Of course... it's a silly idea to be a fan of a company anyway when it comes to hardware for videogames.  Software is where it's at.

glad to hear your keeping your Ps3...

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
steven787 said:

Dude, it is pathetic because:

You own a game console, want a game for it that will be available and are upset because other people will be able to play it.

Maybe he's upset because...I dunno....he spent 700 dollars on a gaming console and made that decision based upon the fact that the superior and cheaper competition didn't have his favorite game? That doesn't have anything to do with "other people get to play it" you oversimplifying damage control machine. It has to do with getting ripped off based on faulty assumptions by Sony and Square-Enix.

Are those two different things?

Im glad we have different opionions Zen. cheaper yes. superior? Thats objective. you do post some serious BS

That is like asking can Sony stop buying third party developers. Which is more heinous I ask you seriously. Microsoft bribing developers, or Sony enslaving developers. Perhaps everyone has a price, but nobody deserves to be held in bondage. Before you say the Sony way is the best way ask the half of the development team at Sigil that got fired in the parking lot.

The reason Sony has so much in house development is that the scavenge smaller developers, and that often means they also lose their creative freedom in the process. Microsoft contracts out game development, Sony consumes studios, and Nintendo builds its own studios for the most part. Each strategy has its strong points, and its weak points. What is true is nobody is necessarily less evil then the other.

Simply the fact that Microsoft's strategy is working better then Sony's strategy, and thus doesn't serve your self serving purposes does not mean Microsoft is doing something unfair. Microsoft is not doing something that Sony has not done already. So which do you prefer a benevolent manufacturer or the predatory manufacturer?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
steven787 said:

Dude, it is pathetic because:

You own a game console, want a game for it that will be available and are upset because other people will be able to play it.

Maybe he's upset because...I dunno....he spent 700 dollars on a gaming console and made that decision based upon the fact that the superior and cheaper competition didn't have his favorite game? That doesn't have anything to do with "other people get to play it" you oversimplifying damage control machine. It has to do with getting ripped off based on faulty assumptions by Sony and Square-Enix.

Are those two different things?

Poor guy he's mad because he had to take a 2nd mortgage on his shack to fit the PS3 and (5 years of XBL for $250) in his budget. If those damn librl's over at Sony hadn't let FF 13 go to 360.... He should just sell his inferior PS3 along with this inferior TV.

BeTa77 said:
Goodbye sony i have lost all my faith in you, PlayStation always was the best for the last 2 generations, but the ps3 is well very disapointing, PlayStation always had the best games the biggest userbase now thats all gone, FF13 is gone, they cant even keep exclusives anymore, i never wanted to say this, im done with PlayStation, theyre to unreliable now, guess im wii60 now. you guys lost a big PlayStation fan.

U my friend have NO credibilty and are obviosuly were never a playstation fan!

First, Microsoft spent millions of dollars to get Final Fantasy, Sony did not have to. Second, PS1 and PS2 were both released in Japan first, with few games. Then when they got some games they were relesaed worldwide. Sony tried a new tactic of releasing it worldwide. It already has the MOST exclusives for this gen, it's sales are raising and they are coming out with a HUGE mass amount of good games.

The PS3s cell processor is so powerful it dwarfs it's competition!

However, I don't want to argue with a noob fanboy who didn't know how Sony released it's stuff.

Also, the game wasn't even that big! God of War, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, MAG and teh agency are the big onse.