By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Kubler-Ross Model: Five stages of Gried/Tragedy for Final Fantasy XIII

Relax bro, its still coming to PS3. S-E isn't what they used to be but hopefully we can still expect quality from FFXIII. I'm not as assured now that its multiplatform though. Hopefully they can get the max potential from both consoles as this is what FF is known for. I doubt it would meet its expectations now though and I really prayed that this game would triumph after all the ff12 haters.

PS is not dead as long as you keep it alive. If you keep buying games with the PS tag, it will never die. Also, if xbox didn't die, there's no way in hell the PS brand will die. GT5 just has more work to do now!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Okay.

Here is the Kubler-Ross Model for getting over grief of tragedy, courtesy of Wikipeida:

The stages are:

1. Denial:
    • Example - "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening."
  2. Anger:
    • Example - "Why me? It's not fair!" "NO! NO! How can you accept this!"
  3. Bargaining:
    • Example - "Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything, can't you stretch it out? A few more years."
  4. Depression:
    • Example - "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die . . . What's the point?"
  5. Acceptance:
    • Example - "It's going to be OK."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

Final Fantasy is going to the 360. At first I was fine, and skipped right to bargaining. I kept on saying that it's still exclusive to the PS3 in Japan where the sales matter, and now I've quickly moved onto depression. I haven't been this sad in forever. Seriously. I'm this *puts fingers together* close to tears. It's so sad to see the PlayStation brand fallen like it has. Thrown to the side and Left 4 Dead (no pun intended ). I'm probably going to cry tonight, as this will be the first time ever, that a generation comes around, and I don't own a PlayStation home console. I'm sure this is pretty sad, a 19 year old virgin almost crying over a gaming company, but PlayStation has brought me countless hours of happiness, and the fact that they can't do it again is saddening to a large degree. I'd liken this to someone close to me dying in terms of sadness. I don't even think I shed a tear when my grandfather died, but I might for this.

I'm not too certain about the point to this thread, but anyone who feels as sad as me can feel free to post here. I just felt the need to get this off of my chest.

Epic thread sir. I'm glad you posted this. I no longer feel the need to brandish the FFXIII fiasco anymore, and I respect you for posting your true feelings. Like you, I am truely invested in my favorite company. I care very much about Nintendo, and most people on the internet think it's "uncool" to care, so they use their little barbs. You will get none from me. Epic thread sir, I'm very impressed with your courage.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I have the same questions like many others,but,at least SE going to push the game to the most when they got to suit this for DVDs format?

I dunno,I feel kind of sad because now they´re gonna have to push so far.
One or even two full blu-ray discs? I don't think they're going to release 5 or 7 dvds for 360,then we're only gonna get a "limited in content" game,yeah,I know that I maybe be a little gross but with only one platform in sight this game could be more properly pushed to the max in the system of choice.

That sucks DMJ the only way that I would feel like you if by tommorow on the nintendo conference they announce that kingdom hearts will be a wii exclusive plus that they are realising Kh Com on the wii this fall that would complete crush me I would cry :(

This thread is just...wow.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
ctk495 said:
That sucks DMJ the only way that I would feel like you if by tommorow on the nintendo conference they announce that kingdom hearts will be a wii exclusive plus that they are realising Kh Com on the wii this fall that would complete crush me I would cry :(

Can you tell me why you'd cry even though you have a Wii (and it's your only current gen console)?

I own a 360 :p

it doesnt work:(

THis truly is a sad day for me. ff13 was the one game i'd kill to play this generation. But now its multiplatform, and i simply lost some interest for the game. Gta4, devil may cry 4, call of duty4 all multiplatform, and i didnt like any of them.

If ff 13 versus turns multiplatform then i dont know what to do anymore.

As a longstanding Nintendo fan, I'm fairly pleased with the turn of events. Then again, as a longstanding Nintendo fan, I can very much understand your crushed heart.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Haha at first I was confused when I read your reply to my other post but it seems you figured out what I was saying.

You'll get through this. Concentrate on the good news today. Install games on 360 HDs so no more loud drives! New dashboard coming!

This is either a joke thread, or this kid really needs to take Neos advice and get laid.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"