Forums - Sony Discussion - The Kubler-Ross Model: Five stages of Gried/Tragedy for Final Fantasy XIII

I completely feel where he is coming from. The first RPG I ever played was Final Fantasy VII for the Playstation. First Playstation game I had actually, and I have loved playing my Playstation and Playstation 2. I guess we just wait 2 gens and see them back on top like Nintendo.

Around the Network

Cheer up, emo kitten.

Ugh - this thread is a disaster in the making, I just know it...

DMeister, you're setting yourself up to get picked on with a thread like this. You're giving ammunition to the same people that Sony fans have been insulting all these (years? months?) with the FF exclusive crap. This thread is doomed to cause you pain, if you'd like I'd be willing to lock it at anytime.

On the otherhand, everybody just needs to lay off the guy. He's here in the Sony forum looking for fellow Sony fans that are feeling betrayed today. Let them have their moment to mourn - there's no need to turn this into mean spirited garbage...

TalonMan said:

On the otherhand, everybody just needs to lay off the guy. He's here in the Sony forum looking for fellow Sony fans that are feeling betrayed today. Let them have their moment to mourn - there's no need to turn this into mean spirited garbage...

While I agree people shouldn't kick him while he's down I've never liked the logic of "This is the Sony forum"/"This is the MS forum"/"This is the Nintendo forum"....

All of them display on the front page which is where i'd say the majority of people get to threads from.

That's what happens when you let corny sentiment guide you instead of reason. I was a Sega fan, but Nintendo and Sony offered the better values to me after a while.

But what's good for the rest of us who don't see gaming as some team sport is that we have other options now, viable options.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Okay.

Here is the Kubler-Ross Model for getting over grief of tragedy, courtesy of Wikipeida:

The stages are:

1. Denial:
    • Example - "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening."
  2. Anger:
    • Example - "Why me? It's not fair!" "NO! NO! How can you accept this!"
  3. Bargaining:
    • Example - "Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything, can't you stretch it out? A few more years."
  4. Depression:
    • Example - "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die . . . What's the point?"
  5. Acceptance:
    • Example - "It's going to be OK."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

You missed off the last 2 stages.

6. You jump into the corner of the room.

7. Then you die.

konnichiwa said:
Hmm DMJ whatever you do...don't do something stupid (like jumping from a bridge, hang yourself up, Electrocute yourself etc..)

lol.

I'm not suicidal, just sad.

@ TalonMan

Yeah, you're probably right, but I still want this thread to live on.

TalonMan said:
 Let them have their moment to mourn - there's no need to turn this into mean spirited garbage...

Hey, you're the one offering to euthanize this thread.

azrm2k said:
TalonMan said:

While I agree people shouldn't kick him while he's down I've never liked the logic of "This is the Sony forum"/"This is the MS forum"/"This is the Nintendo forum"....

All of them display on the front page which is where i'd say the majority of people get to threads from.

Oh, I know and I completely agree. That's why I said he's giving people the ammunition they need to pick on him...

...but he's making a concious effort to call on fellow Sony fans here, and I think it would be nice if we just didn't assault him for it. I think we can all agree that Sony fans have had a really rough day today and while I'm all for letting the MS boys revel in this, all I'm asking is that they do it in a different thread.

I always was annoyed by those 5 stages but I think they have been used appropriately here.

Perhaps even if this isn't the best thing for Sony... It may be the best thing for the Final Fantasy series. Getting it out there to as many people as possible can only serve to strengthen it and ensure that people will get to play the game for many generations to come. (Even up to numbers where people aren't familiar with roman numerals *XXVII* or something)

For the game - FFXIII: Rejoice!

For the Machine - PSIII: Mourn!

For DMJ: Hugs! :)

Tease.