By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Kubler-Ross Model: Five stages of Gried/Tragedy for Final Fantasy XIII

Okay.

Here is the Kubler-Ross Model for getting over grief of tragedy, courtesy of Wikipeida:

The stages are:

1. Denial:
    • Example - "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening."
  2. Anger:
    • Example - "Why me? It's not fair!" "NO! NO! How can you accept this!"
  3. Bargaining:
    • Example - "Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything, can't you stretch it out? A few more years."
  4. Depression:
    • Example - "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die . . . What's the point?"
  5. Acceptance:
    • Example - "It's going to be OK."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

Final Fantasy is going to the 360.  At first I was fine, and skipped right to bargaining.  I kept on saying that it's still exclusive to the PS3 in Japan where the sales matter, and now I've quickly moved onto depression.  I haven't been this sad in forever.  Seriously.  I'm this *puts fingers together* close to tears.  It's so sad to see the PlayStation brand fallen like it has.  Thrown to the side and Left 4 Dead (no pun intended ).  I'm probably going to cry tonight, as this will be the first time ever, that a generation comes around, and I don't own a PlayStation home console.  I'm sure this is pretty sad, a 19 year old virgin almost crying over a gaming company, but PlayStation has brought me countless hours of happiness, and the fact that they can't do it again is saddening to a large degree.  I'd liken this to someone close to me dying in terms of sadness.  I don't even think I shed a tear when my grandfather died, but I might for this. 

I'm not too certain about the point to this thread, but anyone who feels as sad as me can feel free to post here.  I just felt the need to get this off of my chest.

Around the Network

you surely have read my how to get laid thread right? it works!

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=32954

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I don't want to get laid.

I want to just go to bed and wake up tomorrow and this be a dream.

LOL@ Neos

DMJ, i think you just need to sleep this one over. It's not a dream.
It's reality rearing its ugly head. But dont worry, as time progresses
you will feel better. (I felt like this when SE jumped ships to Sony and
abandoned poor Ninty)...

I'm sure Sony knew about this. The game was becoming too
expensive and the ps3's userbase was somewhat
lackluster (compared to 360, sans japan), but think about it. I'm sure
they have another card up their sleeves. They woudnt let M$ win that
easily, dont you think?

So yeah, even if they did loose the exlusivity
over this game, i'm sure they have some great (or even greater!) games
from SE. Dont you worry....

AND STAY A VIRGIN!! :p

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

DmeisterJ, remember that this is just GAMES

If that doesn´t work, hope that Sony can turn it around tomorrow.

If that doesn´t work , cry and go PLAY SOME GAMES, DAMNIT!!!!! :D

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

This was huge shock, i am felling very bad right now. Things were looking good for PS3 this year. But i think PS will soon rule again and these scumbag 3rd parties will come crying to Sony to save them. Thank god Sony buyed so many studios in PS2 era and now they are developing amazing games only on PS for ever.

Soriku said:
Dude...you have a 360 but no PS3 and you're pissed. Quite ironic.

No fucking shit, sherlock.

Want to add to the thread?

DMeisterJ said:

Okay.

Final Fantasy is going to the 360

No it isn't. Square Enix has the same specific problem every Japanese software house has. They are strong in Japan but struggling everywhere else. Seeing that neither PS3 nor Xbox360 bring in enough cash in Japan only, they have to diversify - or they get eaten up sooner or later. It is either sink or swim. For any software company, it would be financial suicide to concentrate on a single gameing system only (unless you have a big daddy that pays all the development costs). This is just the way the gameing industry is going towards - release your game on as many platforms as possible.

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
Soriku said:
Dude...you have a 360 but no PS3 and you're pissed. Quite ironic.

Yes, why aren't you playing ToS right now?

I don't want to.

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:

Yes, why aren't you playing ToS right now?

I don't want to.

It'll keep your mind off this, aye.

I've already tried to play games.  I keep thinking of Final Fantasy XIII.