By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII: An overview of sales

Sales wise, this isn't a big deal.

The 360 will get a small boost, and the same small boost will subtracted from Sony's a bit bigger boost.

Microsoft will earn little in consoles, but will earn quite a bit from the software sales.

Really, Sony fans should be happy. Now The Legend of Zelda won't pass Final Fantasy this gen

Square Enix is the real winner in this case though.

Square Enix, and DMeisterJ, who doesn't have to buy a PS3 now.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
this game was suppose to be ps3's biggest game in japan not anymore, it will still sell better on ps3 there but it wont sell systems, sony should've locked this game exclusively

Well, the 360 version isn't coming out in Japan. So yes, it is still the biggest HD game to be released.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The PS3 version will sell better overall, because of Japan.
In NA, the 360 version will win by a margin comparable to GTA IV
In Europe, the PS3 version will sell slightly better than the 360

So far for my preditcion, it's still too early to predict numbers.

I'd take a 10 second disc change over a 30 minute install any day.

Here is the thing DMeisterJ. The whole argument upon which the "PS3 will eventually catch the Xbox 360 in Japanese games and JRPG's" was based was the notion that FFXIII would expand the console's JRPG fanbase far beyond the Xbox 360's. With all Western gamers now having a choice between an expensive PS3 with FFXIII and a cheaper Xbox 360 with FFXIII and half a dozen excellent JRPG's, that support is no longer likely to start flowing to the PS3, EVER.

THAT is why PS3 owners are pissed even though the game will still hit their system.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

im buying the 360 version .

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

Do you even have a 360?

DMeisterJ said:
Everyone is saying "I'm gonna sell my PS3, no reason to own one, etc." are foolish. The game is still coming to the platform.

True but for people who bought a PS3/were buying a PS3 mainly for FF13 now have a decision to make.  Are other PS3 games worth it or should they go 360 and get the 360 games with a less expensive console?  For some a PS3 is still the obvious choice but for others, not so much (already on VGC several people have stated that they may no longer buy a PS3 as they were planning on doing so for this title).

psrock said:

Chill the fuck out PSrock.  Okay!?  It's not that severe.

@ Starcraft

meh, fine whatever.  I'm not really arguing about JRPGs here, just an overview of what really happened today.

Poor DMeisterJ.

He's having a worse day than I did when the IGN review of GTAIV came out.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS