By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII: An overview of sales

starcraft said:
masterb8tr said:

startcraft: from what i recall you said you werent interested in final fantasy 13 only versus. So aside from a sale perpective you got no reason to be happy.

And rather than trying to make me look like a liar, you could pop you're head into a couple of other threads where I've said about three times in the last hour that this only means anything to me if Versus follows suit, otherwise I still need a PS3.

As this thread is about SALES, that is what I stuck too.

OT:

DMeisterJ, I think SE has simply done what makes good business sense.  Noone paid them anything.  It's not affordable not to make the game multiplatform in the West, and financially irresponsible to port a Japanese localization. 

I've been paying out Microsoft's inability to keep secrets all week, but this is huge.

If anyone paid them it would be Sony to keep it exclusive in Japan since thats the only region it will be a significant system seller (if GTA IV didn't move consoles in US/EU I can't see FFXIII doing it).

Around the Network

After MGS4 failed to give any momentum to PS3 in Western world I doubt FFXIII will make that big of a difference. In UK PS3 sales grew only 7% for MGS4 week (from ChartTrack). Maybe there was some long-term effect from MGS4 but I haven't noticed it. In Februry/March PS3 advantage over 360 was acutally bigger than in May before MGS4 release.

And FFXII sold less in Western world than MGS3. FFXIII may be bigger than XII but MGS3 also was least succesfull MGS game so far. So impact shouldn't be that big, especially if Japan won't get 360 FFXIII (but I guess even if they got most of them still would buy PS3 version).

ZenfoldorVGI said:

DMJ....this is damage control, thinly veiled. The game wouldn't sell in Japan if it was released on the 360 anyway. The only thing your saying is, "Well it won't sell well on the 360 anyway."

A lot of PS3 owners bought the console for FFXIII.

The loss of it as an exclusive to a system with an already superior library is devistating. There is no getting around that, even if it just sold one copy.

Lol.  Okay Zen.

psrock said:
i give up. thank you SOny.

lol, why?

i like the fact that you guys believe these comapanies. iam so pissed right now.i cant stay here. i have no love for sony anymore.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

DMJ....this is damage control, thinly veiled. The game wouldn't sell in Japan if it was released on the 360 anyway. The only thing your saying is, "Well it won't sell well on the 360 anyway."

A lot of PS3 owners bought the console for FFXIII.

The loss of it as an exclusive to a system with an already superior library is devistating. There is no getting around that, even if it just sold one copy.

Seems like you're doing more anti-damage control than necessary.

The people who bought their PS3s for FFXIII will still get it. 

The PS3 version will outsell the 360 version (and fit on 1 disc).

All in all, this is better for Squeenix than anyone else involved. ^_^

Saiyar said:
starcraft said:
masterb8tr said:

startcraft: from what i recall you said you werent interested in final fantasy 13 only versus. So aside from a sale perpective you got no reason to be happy.

And rather than trying to make me look like a liar, you could pop you're head into a couple of other threads where I've said about three times in the last hour that this only means anything to me if Versus follows suit, otherwise I still need a PS3.

As this thread is about SALES, that is what I stuck too.

OT:

DMeisterJ, I think SE has simply done what makes good business sense. Noone paid them anything. It's not affordable not to make the game multiplatform in the West, and financially irresponsible to port a Japanese localization.

I've been paying out Microsoft's inability to keep secrets all week, but this is huge.

If anyone paid them it would be Sony to keep it exclusive in Japan since thats the only region it will be a significant system seller (if GTA IV didn't move consoles in US/EU I can't see FFXIII doing it).

According to the Kotaku liveblog, it sounds like they game isn't coming to Japanese 360s b/c SE wants to concentrate on just getting the game out the door in Japan. When they finish Japanese development, they'll begin working on the 360 version. The 360 is irrelevant in Japan, so it's not worth delaying the game in that territory so that they can release it on Japanese 360s. No money is exchanging hands.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Thank you WoW.

FFXIII coming to 360 is big, but not colossally so. Everyone is saying "I'm gonna sell my PS3, no reason to own one, etc." are foolish. The game is still coming to the platform.

unless sony gets Halo 4 nothing they can say will appease me. infact i cant stand sony right now.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
i like the fact that you guys believe these comapanies. iam so pissed right now.i cant stay here. i have no love for sony anymore.

Erm.  The game is still coming to the PS3.  You know that right?