By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review RE4 (Wii) - 9.0

Gballzack said:

So what, I just plug one of those in instead and it works in place of the Wii-mote's controls?

Supposedly, yes. I've seen it mentioned on... a GameFAQ's review. Actually on 3 of the 4 current reviews. I guess that's what it takes to get professionalism: not being paid for the job.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

I'm pretty sure it says you can use the GC and Classic controller on the back of the case. I have the game as well but I also have the GC version. I rather re-learn the game with Wii controls. The superior aiming the Wii set up gives you is worth. I shooting the bird for money, ammo, etc. has never been easier.

Ironically, we now get RE4 in about 3 weeks - before MP8 (a week later), and months before Super Paper Mario (grrrrrrrr....). We might even get METROID before we get SPM...

And at this stage, lets have another look at RE4 (Wii) on GameRankings...

1 x 7.0   - Eurogamer

2 x 8.0-8.9    - 1UP, EGM

...and 6 scores of 9.0 or higher (including a 5/5 from GameSpy).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

twesterm said:
Fuck Gamestop, go to Best Buy, Walmart, Target (though not sure those carry M games), or Circuit City.

Thank you I hate how Gamespot is taking over everything, they bought out one of the local stores here and fired everybody and replace them with other gamestop people. I hate Gamestop.

On Topic: I can't wait to get this game tomorrow looking forward to the controls.

shams said:

And at this stage, lets have another look at RE4 (Wii) on GameRankings...

It's also the second best Wii game on Metacritic, at 90%, after Zelda (95%) and ahead of Paper Mario (86%).

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network
KruzeS said:
Gballzack said:

So what, I just plug one of those in instead and it works in place of the Wii-mote's controls?

Supposedly, yes. I've seen it mentioned on... a GameFAQ's review. Actually on 3 of the 4 current reviews. I guess that's what it takes to get professionalism: not being paid for the job.

The Classic Controller is on the back of the box but the Gamecube isn't and they both work fine; you just plug them in and they work.  I haven't actually played with either, just plugged them in to see if they work so I don't really know if you get the laser aiming with those.

Hmm, well apparently I lied about the Gamecube thing. I thought I had gotten him to move around using the Gamecube controller and I know I read about it a faq, but just plugged it in and didn't have any luck for some odd reason.

Anyways, tried it with the Classic Controller and you get the laser aiming with it.

Aha! I was wrong, you can use the Gamecube controller. You have to start the game with either the Classic Controller or the Nunchuck plugged into the remote, unplug whichever one you had plugged in once you're at the menu, and then the Gamecube controller works. The only thing is that it shows you the classic controller buttons instead of the Gamecube buttons (small white a instead of a big green A).

Yeah, I'm a little obsessive

Also, you can just take your batteries out of your Wii Remote. That works too.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

YAY!!!! I found a copy at Walmart. *turns it on and hears the satisfying Wii menu tone*