By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review RE4 (Wii) - 9.0

PS3owner said:
...but to come out with a system that is so far behind and charge the same price as the ps3 and the 360 for games is just insane.

Whoops, missed this part first time around. 

How much is RE4?  $30  How much are Wii games in general?  $40-50.  How much are 360 and PS3 games?  $60.

I repeat: Fail

Around the Network

twesterm you are truly a retard. Your the one buying a game with no updates on the original, it would of taken them 3 months to make the game alot better looking but they refused to do that and are now taking your money for the same game that came out years ago.

The wii games cost the same as the games for 360 ans PS3, and their are alot of games for the 360 that are under $20, so tell me who has the better deal, its not the wii.

Plus the wii and DS are so easy to find, all you guys going on about it being sold out are just lazy, i can go out any weekend and get the wii and find about 100 DS systems.

PS3owner said:
twesterm you are truly a retard. Your the one buying a game with no updates on the original, it would of taken them 3 months to make the game alot better looking but they refused to do that and are now taking your money for the same game that came out years ago.

The wii games cost the same as the games for 360 ans PS3, and their are alot of games for the 360 that are under $20, so tell me who has the better deal, its not the wii.

Plus the wii and DS are so easy to find, all you guys going on about it being sold out are just lazy, i can go out any weekend and get the wii and find about 100 DS systems.

You really think it would have taken only three months to make the game better looking? Try about six months if they wanted to rush it and maybe nine if they took their time. Once again, I'm not upset with paying $30 for a game that's good. True, it came out years ago but I never played the PS2 version and I never even got around to beating the Gamecube version (due to not enough time to play the game and just not having the time to get to like the control of the game) so I have no problem with paying $30 for, and I can't stress this enough, the best game in the survival/horror genre and one of the best games ever. And don't think that Capcom are the only people releasing a popular good game multiple times, how many times have Final Fantasy I and II been released?

As for the price, read my previous post. Newly released games for the Wii range from $40-50. Newly released games for the PS3 and 360 are $60. I'm well aware that there are greatest hit games for the 360 for cheap (though I'm pretty sure those are $25-30) but since we're talking about the price of new games here, new PS3 and 360 games are more expensive than new Wii games. I'm not sure why you're trying to argue this one since anyone can go on any website that lists games and see that I'm right here.

As for number of systems, that's a pretty moot point. 

1. How does a system being easy to find affect RE4Wii in any at all?
  2. It's pretty easy to say "well I can't find them anywhere here lol" with both points just not mattering in any way at all.
Take your troll crap somewhere else.

I tried finding a copy tuesday but being its ship date, no one had it, oh well, worth a try, hopefully today will yeild better results.

ckmlb said:
Well most of the reviews sites and magazines gave it good to very good reviews and even 1up who claimed the controls were not better still gave it an 8.0 so does this lay this whole reviewers are biased against Wii stuff to rest?

Except 1up and Eurogamer

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
PS3owner said:

Give it up, you obviously have no idea about the meaning of the word "port".

Umbrella Chronicles will be out soon enough - and that's a completely new RE game for the Wii (with apparently amazing graphics).

Somehow I get the feeling that you might be a little "biased" - nothing to do with your username of course ;) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

One simple question to think:

Q: What "Resident Evil 4" would you buy?

a) GameCube. The original, great graphics, good gameplay, no extra content, $20
b) PS2. Graphics "not-so-good", trashed gameplay, extra content, $20
c) PC. PS2 port, terrible gameplay (no mouse!), extra content, $50
d) Wii. GameCube port, great graphics, suberb gameplay, extra content, $30
e) None. I wouldn't buy a game that looks old. OMG GRAPHICZORZ!!!

To me is a no-brainer...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Daileon said:
Resident Evil 4 don't prove that. Call of Duty 3 proves first.

Yeah if you like really bad WW2 games...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Cobretti said:
now lets hope they bring on re5 for wii. Otherwise im gonna have a tough time deciding which to buy, ps3 or xbox360.

Not happening. Wii will get spinoffs like RE:UC.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I can say it for sure: I liked it :P. I'm not the most avid addept of FPS, but sure I've preferred playing it on my Wii than on my X360. And the only cause is the best controller method (im my opinion, just to clear).

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D