By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review RE4 (Wii) - 9.0

I think the beef of that argument was with non-traditional games, i.e. Wii Sports, Mario Party 8. I have no problem with their scores, because they weigh everything differently. All I care about is what they say.

Around the Network

Meh, I don't care about the actual score, but I do read what the reviews write about the game. I think the actual complaints/advantages matter a lot more than the scores (which if you read the reviews very rarely match what they say). I'm buying this version sometime in the next few days. I need to replace my GC version anyway, so I might as well buy the superior Wii version.

The best invesment on the Wii by far. The controls are spot-on, in my opinion - it's an enormous contrast to the earlier shooters released for the Wii. Very intuitive, smooth, and more precise than the GC/PS2's control schemes.

To me it's more than confirmed that this is the definitive version of Resident Evil. Improved controls, all extras, widescreen... Just lacks more extra content above other versions, but for $29.99 it will be ask much for Capcom :P

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

If it can prove that Wii can have shoters with improved control I am in.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4 don't prove that. Call of Duty 3 proves first.

As I stated in the last thread to talk about this.

I am buying it.

I've never played RE4 before... is it good? Should I buy this version?

You should buy it without questioning. Sure, one of the better games I've ever played in my whole life. What can I say about the "better version"? :D. Well... I can't say anything because I haven't tested yet, but if even gamespot is in love with it, it must be good. lol

OriGin said:
I've never played RE4 before... is it good? Should I buy this version?

OMG yes!  It's an amazing game in every since of the word.  Gorgeous artwork, great plot, real depth, great gameplay (made better with Wiimote supposedly), real suspense... yes for the love of all that is holy in gaming you need to play this game.