By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Manhunt 2 gets kiss of death, ESRB rates it AO

I can see this as the biggest hit among kids and teenagers. Maybe that will be the main discussion topic on some middle schools. Kids love that kind of gory and forbidden feeling.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

I can't see Take Two releasing this game with an AO rating, if history is anything to go by they'll remove the offending content and get it re-rated. Of course if the control scheme is part of the problem it might require a lot of reworking for the game.

The entire game is offensive content. That is what people are complaining about. If you take away the murder simulation gameplay, you have an empty disc.

Jack Thompson is probably treating himself to Taco Bell cause he thinks he means something in the world.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Tacos FTW.

Around the Network

List of AO-rated products: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AO-rated_products

Before this, the only console title to receive an AO rating was San Andreas.  This game initially received an M rating, but was re-rated AO after the "hot coffee" mod was discovered.  If the AO rating sticks, Manhunt 2 will be the first console title to be released with an AO rating.

shams said:

Ladies & Gents, we have the new "Clockwork Orange" of the modern era for videogames...

Except Clockwork Orange, Lolita, etc. all had substance.

The adults-only rating might not be all bad. I tried playing the first Manhunt on the PS2 and found it to be meh. As a result, Manhunt 2 wasn't even on my radar. Now that there's all this controversy about it, I admit there's now some curiosity on my part.

Wasn't the first Manhunt on the Dreamcast? I'm sure I even owned it and played it quite a bit. It was nothing special as I remember.

@Entroper - I trust you have played the game before writing it off as having no substance.

This could be the Wii's Grand Theft Auto 3,,