By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SEGA were to come back

ion-storm said:

That was probably one of the best things about the dreamcast

Well said :)

I still love my Dreamcast, and it still gets used a lot.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Around the Network

i hope they make a come back next gen
a battle between mighty SONY and sega....lol

Burgles said:
NiKKoM said:
Burgles said:

Other than Shenmue and a couple of quality RPGs the Dreamcast was tosh imo...Just a load of nearly arcade perfect conversions of arcade games based on the Naomi board.

Zero depth...Good old rose tinted glasses eh ;)

Edit - Actually UnrealQuake 3 were alrite but still...it was 90% arcade nonsense.

Yes it seems that you never had a dreamcast... with the greatest fighting games ever: Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive 2 Street Fighter III Third Impact, Power Stone 2 & Marvel vs Capcom 2..Unless you had a Arcade at home this was the best next thing..

Forgetting Jet Set Radio? Metropolis Street Racing? Virtua Tennis? Ecco? Resident Evil: Code Veronica? Samba de Amigo?  Space Channel 5? Seaman?

You may never talk about the dreamcast ever again..

Nonsense I've actually got 2 and every game released on CDR.

Ferrari F355 was damn good mind...with steering wheel was superb, drifting round those corners...haven't played a more realistic racing game since.

Thing is, you did list all the good games you could think of, and not just some ;)

MVC2 was also good, gotta say...

Still most the games were shallow that can't be denied.

Well.. now we know the reason why the dreamcast failed...

And I can think of more games:

MDK2, UFC, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Phantasy Star Online, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Starlancer, test Drive Le Mans, Daytona Usa, Tony Hawk 2, NBA 2k1, Rayman 2, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia and one of the best games ever: REZ... Shallow indeed..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Test Drive Le Mans did look INCREDIBLE!

My guess would have been that more SEGA fans went to nintendo... Or probably SONY when I look at the sales now. I loved SEGA's games, but I don't think a SEGA console would sell well right now. Maybe if one of the Main 3 were to drop out now then I could see SEGA doing well.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

If SEGA does come back though I would buy their console. My first console was the GEN. And I pretty much played SONIC the HedgeHog 3 to death. Long live SONIC AND SEGA!!!! [I would probably own SONY and SEGA's consoles actually] Long live the console creators with "S" as the first letter in the company name!!!!!

4 ≈ One

^ I would be buying it too if they do another another console but for me it would be Nintendo and sega together...

I think SEGA leaving the console buisness was a good idea because now more and more people want them to make another one, they get to freely see what sells and what doesn't from other consoles and it gives me time to come up with a new image if they wanted to. So IF they were to come back and make a good console at that THEN their sales will go higher then ever before (or at least live up to Genesis sales)

sega need to come back, i miss them bad n hell man, i would drop my ps3 for a new sega console for true

Only if Sega teamed up with someone like EA or Apple. On their own, their games haven't been stellar anymore. And they would need something big to light a fire under 3rd party publisher to jump back on that bandwagon. I MEAN BIG!!

I'm just saying...