By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SEGA were to come back

As we all know, when Sega exited the console market and Microsoft enterd many Sega fans went to the Xbox, well if Sega were to make a new console, would Microsoft`s fan base shrink from these people going back to Sega?

Around the Network

while some sega fans went to the Xbox probably just has many went to Nintendo or Sony. I loved Sega as a console manufacturer and I also loved their games up until they stopped making the Dreamcast. I still love their games but I buy them for my Sony Systems.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

A tear would form in the fabric of reality. But that tear would start at Japan so for a few sweet nano seconds: us Americas would be the lasts ones on this earth before being sucked into OBLIVION!!!

not if! When! When Sega comes back! Long live SEGA!!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I think if MS does let 3rd parties manufacture the 360- sega will be a prime candidate.
So, sega's next console... the 360?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
O-D-C said:

As we all know, when Sega exited the console market and Microsoft enterd many Sega fans went to the Xbox, well if Sega were to make a new console, would Microsoft`s fan base shrink from these people going back to Sega?

I don't think Sega will ever make another console. They don't have enough quality first party teams and franchises for that.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

it depends on what this new system has to offer that will attract 360 owners to the system

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

the beloved sega dreamcast still holds a special place for me. if only them days could come back. dreamkey - dreamarena chat - planet ring - phantasy star online - phantasy star online v2 - exploder/gamshark disk

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Other than Shenmue and a couple of quality RPGs the Dreamcast was tosh imo...Just a load of nearly arcade perfect conversions of arcade games based on the Naomi board.

Zero depth...Good old rose tinted glasses eh ;)

Edit - Actually Unreal\Quake 3 were alrite but still...it was 90% arcade nonsense.

O-D-C said:

You're forgetting that the reason the DC failed is because nobody would buy it...

So there weren't actually that many Sega die hards left by that point...By now, what with their so so games (Sega Rally Revo, lates Sonic Adventure games, VF5 anyone?) they've pretty much lost that respected status...

Just another developmer\publisher as far as most are concerned, so no...Don't think any consoles fan base would shrink much.