By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until the following sales statements be true: Wii>GC, 360>Xbox

"if BR wins the format war tommorow and PS3 is always cheaper than stand alone BR player"==>

=> what is the word that u don't understand ?

he saied "IF" and "tomorrow" meaning NOT now...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

"if BR wins the format war tommorow and PS3 is always cheaper than stand alone BR player"==>

=> what is the word that u don't understand ?

he saied "IF" meaning under certain condition

and "tomorrow" meaning NOT now...

Time to Work !

PS2 sold well out of the gate and then for 7 years (it has one more big x-mas in it).  PS3 can have PS2 success at times, even for a few years, but not having it from the get go makes the discussion of PS2 being caught by PS3 moot.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

back to the main subject

Xbox360 by mid 2009, early 2009 at earliest
Wii by May 2008

Well, I did put some big IF's, i.e. PS3 always being cheapest BR player, BR being the next DVD.

Around the Network
gorgepir said:

back to the main subject

Xbox360 by mid 2009, early 2009 at earliest
Wii by May 2008

LoL. About time you anwsered the question.

Wii: Late 2008
360: Early 2009 (Late 08' if Halo 3 sells like some expect)

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Wii should pass GCs 21m total around April of 2008.

The 360 should reach 24m by around August or September 2008

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'm yet to make up my mind on the 360 beating the original... we'll see how the sales levels go after Halo 3 and a price drop comes... but I'm not sure if it will surpass that number by a huge amount, I think it's losing steam around the world with USA being the only real carrying force.

What do people mean "if" Blu-Ray wins the format war "tomorrow"? It won the format war the second PS3 launched and it took an install base lead over HD-DVD. Now Wal-Mart and BlockBuster are putting their weight behind Blu-Ray. Its not helping the PS3.

Anyways...

As of their last fiscal report, Nintendo are aiming for 20 million Wiis shipped through next March. So Wii will pass GC in June at the latest. Probably by March.

And the way 360 sales are slowing down, its going to take awhile. They need a price cut just to get back to XBox-level sales, and then all they have that XBox didn't have is GTA. 2010 at the latest, but probably sometime in 2009.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.