By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the "top stories" section on VGChartz sponsored by nintendo?

I noticed that a lot of nintendo stuff is up in the top stories section, most of which is not really even news (What the hell is Captain Rainbow)...

Sure, some Sony stuff gets up there as well...but lately Xbox stuff doesn't...things like which Xbox live games got released today and Free Halo 3 map and Ninja gaiden 2 mission mode release date are nowhere to be found and I believe that is much bigger news than Activision deciding to release more Wii shovelware.

So I'm just wondering how does a story become a top story?

Around the Network

Top stories are just the ones that are getting the most hits per some given amount of time. Any story from the Submissions section can become a top story if people are interested in it enough. This is also a main reason that Nintendo may be highly represented, due to the population of the site and the percentage that are Nintendo fans.

^^^ I dont think you are right, all the top stories are written by Mods.

This isnt going to go well, but the biggest reason I can see is the a good chunk of the people that write these articles... lets say slightly favor the Wii and the DS? No big deal, you just have to go to the forums to find your 360 and PS3 news more often than not.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

disolitude said:

I noticed that a lot of nintendo stuff is up in the top stories section, most of which is not really even news (What the hell is Captain Rainbow)...

"Think Viewtiful Joe meets Nintendo's world in 3D."

I'm a helper!

@lemmiwinks
well we have news submitters from all consoles. Personally I was brought on for PS3 reviews and news, but I keep myself to reviews because I honestly have a hard time telling what stories are news worthy. Most things could just be discussed on the forum, and probably are.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Sure, some Sony stuff gets up there as well...but lately Xbox stuff doesn't...things like which Xbox live games got released today and Free Halo 3 map and Ninja gaiden 2 mission mode release date are nowhere to be found and I believe that is much bigger news than Activision deciding to release more Wii shovelware.

So I'm just wondering how does a story become a top story?

Mods written. and let's look at who are the mods. I am not surprised they are heavy pro-Nintendo articles.

Remember the last Sony article there that's worth reading? What was it? "I refuse to congratulate Sony".

How lovely.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

The shovelware combined sales is starting to outnumber hardcore sales whether we like it or not.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I was just thinking this... They're straddling the line on news. Is every Wii game announced news? If so, what about Ps360 DS or PSP.

I understand AC, but Wee too and Rainbow I don't.

its because of ninty fan mania, go onto GP, its a diff story all together

Yea I agree if games beeing anounced is news they should represent all systems. Patapon 2 was anounced today but not even a peep.