By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the "top stories" section on VGChartz sponsored by nintendo?

1. The Halo 3 maps and NGII misssions (off-topic: YES!) are extra content. Animal Crossing and Captain Rainbow are actual games. It's not hard to see that the latter two take precedence.

2. You have a point on the Activision thing, in my opinion.

3. There's plenty of news in the forums. You're not being deprived.

4. If you don't like the situation, don't just bitch about it. Submit news.

Around the Network

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...whats all this about Ninja Gaiden 2 mission mode?

... because this is a "Sales" site. :)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Less people who own console = Less people who care about console

It took me years to wrap my mind around this theory, but I have confidence you can to do it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

RolStoppable said:
Wasn't VGC looking precisely for more contributors dedicated to Sony and Microsoft news not too long ago?

If anyone is unhappy with the current situation of news, they should ask if they can become contributors. I think they would be welcome.

Whining like a little girl demanding a pony for Christmas = free and effortless

Doing some hard work looking for worthwhile news and presenting it in a interesting way = boring

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

The site is full of wii fans including many of the mods so that's what you get. You should go to Eurogamer and Edge for M$ news. They provide the best of the best!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Torillian said:
Top stories are just the ones that are getting the most hits per some given amount of time. Any story from the Submissions section can become a top story if people are interested in it enough. This is also a main reason that Nintendo may be highly represented, due to the population of the site and the percentage that are Nintendo fans.

Despite those who have disagreed with you this is absolutely correct.  While I was still just a contributer I had a couple articles hit the top stories section and one hit the #1 spot and stay there for around 2 days.

To Each Man, Responsibility

you've been a member for quite some time, and you barely noticed... lol

@ Rol

But why have 5 or 10 Ninty contributors in the first place?

How hard is it to copy/paste a press release from Sony/MS?

If I were going from this site, you'd think that no PS360 games were being announced. Somehow GH DS got a story, but Rock Band 2 didn't?

WTF

So top story becomes a story which is most viewed? Ok then this makes sense...Wii is the dominant force on these forums.  I thought there was a moderator somewhere at VGchartz deciding what is important and what is a top story and what isnt.