By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wait, what did they say about the sound score???? ACKKKK FF4 had some of the best music ever in a game! These guys are on crack!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Kasz216 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
That is a great score but I am going to skip this and wait for the inevitable 3D FFVI remake since I heard great things about that one.

But this is the second best FF game, and VI most likely won't come to the U.S until 2 years from now(They have to do V first).

Did you ever played FFVII? I am pretty sure it is being debated whether FFVI or VII are the best FF and not FFIV and VI. I am willing to wait 2 years for it. We will probably wait even longer for a VII remake. I don't have the most money in the world and I am going to get CT and the SO1 and SO2 remakes.

Well most people who think VII is the best FF or even rpg I would say played it as their first rpg. FFIV imo is far superior to VII. Actually I think even IX and X are better than VII imo.

I never played FFVII but the only actual flaws with the game as far as I can tell is the subpar translation that made the story convoluted at times and the aging graphics which will both be fixed in the supposed remake. I played a little of FF4A but I didn't get that far. Of the FFs I did play, FFX is my favorite.

Don't forget the further step backwords in the battle system... and they actually don't even get to the convoluted plot till much till way towards the end of the game.

It's a game i've played through many times and can't reccomend.

Don't see why people consider it a good JRPG let alone a good FF. Outside of hype that is.

I remember a lot of people back then talking about how having a party member die was so revolutionary for an RPG.

Which... had happened in the prior 3 final fantasy games. The fact that i felt more for General Leo dieing a bit player... then Aeris says a lot.

That was a pivitol moment for a lot of gamers.  That was the first time for millions of gamers to cry while actually playing the game.

It was also the first time millions of gamers had ever played a JRPG.

And, besides, a certain moment in FFIV was emotionally crushing (but there were no tears shed by this gamer).

IV is the best, it was my 2nd RPG played, the first I've ever beaten.

And... its amazing.
First Day, can't wait. :D

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

FF4 was the first RPG game I cared about... after playing it all the way through we went back and cleared Dragon Warrior 1,2,3 FF1 and a few other games we ignored back in the day... good times.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I really enjoyed FFIII (DS), and will definitely buy this...

...once I'm done with FFTA II... which I think will be a long, long time :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Wait, are FFV and FFVI already confirmed for the DS?

mmm, I dont wether to go with the 3D remakes or GBA ones, Iv never played a 'true' Final Fantasy and 6 Advance is looking tempting.

konnichiwa said:

No, but I'm sure they will be announced.

konnichiwa said:

Not yet. But if you're willing to connect the dots...

Although the developer of III and IV is working on something else right now (looks promising), so either they expanded or V and VI will be a different team.

Hmmz okay, I would prefer a FFV and FFVI remake on the Wii :).