By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ign reviews FFIV

http://ds.ign.com/articles/887/887583p3.html

thats a very good score

8.0 Presentation
The dual screen presentation is stronger this time around, complete with amazing CG, more attention to keeping both screens active, and better 2D/3D styles overall.
9.5 Graphics
It was amazing in FF3, and it’s still amazing now. Hands-down some of the best 3D on DS, and easily some of the strongest art, character, and world designs.
9.0 Sound
Right on par with the last DS remake, this time throwing in more voiceover work. The music from IV isn’t quite as memorable as other Final Fantasy games, but it’s still inspired.
8.5 Gameplay
The auto-battle system, added Whyt summon, augment system, and mini-map rewards make this a stronger experience overall. Active battles can be tough, but that’s what it’s all about.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
Between the added wireless Whyt gameplay, main quest, movie and music player, and new carry-over “plus quest” you’ll have plenty to do. It’s big.
Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Closing Comments
This isn’t your average “DS RPG” experience. You won’t find auto-saves around every corner, you may not always have enough cash to buy whatever you want, and characters will come and go as the story sees fit, leaving you underpowered and unprepared just when you least expect it. Final Fantasy IV started as a traditional role-playing experience in the classic “man vs. game” design of old, and that’s how it remains to be over a decade later. Random battles will kick the crap out of you, skipping text will get you instantly lost, but the reward for a battle well done is the satisfaction that the game’s designers threw whatever hardships they could at you, and you prevailed. That’s where I really found myself enjoying Final Fantasy IV’s remake on DS. It’s a rush in the most traditional way, and it’s an RPG that makes you feel for your characters, fight for every level, and strategize before battles in ways new role-playing games don’t bother to do anymore. For fans, FFIV is an impressive resurrection to an awesome, pioneering RPG. For newcomers, you’re about to get a lesson in “hardcore gaming 101,” but if you put in the time, and put up with the difficulty, you’ll have a chance to really “get” what Final Fantasy is all about.

link

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Actually posting the review could be an idea.

Edit: took it out as you edited it into first post

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

^ok then i will add it at the first post

If FFVI was remade for the ds I wonder what they would give it? I would give it a 9.5.

Wow! Great review, looking for this one.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

wow 8.7 is a good score, but I'm not sure if I'm interested in this game...

That is a great score but I am going to skip this and wait for the inevitable 3D FFVI remake since I heard great things about that one.

Gah I have to choose between this and Elite Agents! This is not helping!

Former something....

Riachu said:
That is a great score but I am going to skip this and wait for the inevitable 3D FFVI remake since I heard great things about that one.

But this is the second best FF game, and VI most likely won't come to the U.S until 2 years from now(They have to do V first). 

Blacksaber said:
Gah I have to choose between this and Elite Agents! This is not helping!

EBA is a bit better,form what people say