By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "XBox360 controller looks like an Alien Spaceship" says Cliffy B.

Riachu said:
Cliff B is not a very intellegent person. That is why he is complained about the amount of buttons on the controller

For someone accusing another person of not being intelligent, you didn't write a particularly smart post yourself... You can start by explaining the relationship between his intelligence and the amount of buttons, so that we can understand your point.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

its only his imagination.

endimion said:
Kasz216 said:
endimion said:
DKII said:
So in other words, the guy that hates the Wii 'cause he can't sell his engine for it wants MS to use it's controller ideas anyway.

yeah he is a jackass anyway.... fewer buttons ??? is he serious ??? I mean come on GoW uses almost all of them, and most of the games I play do.

it does look like alien spaceship, I don't see that as a problem though, it's probably the most ergonomic pad out there...

Which is why you'd need to replace said buttons with additional user interface... like the Wiimote does.

well good for FPS and Wii like games but I like my pad too for some games I don't see the benefit of motion controle and also I don't want to have to stand up for all my games, I also play to lay back and relax sometime

I see your point, it's just coming from him it's irritating lol

You don't have to stand up when playing the Wii... I never stand up when playing it...

aside from Wii-Fit anyway.

Honestly after a point having motion controls instead of buttons just is a lot more efficent.

For examplle... with the PS3 controller your thumb centers on the Square button (at least mine does.)

It's quicker to activate the motion controls with a flick of the wrist then it is to shift to one of the other buttons.

Nah, wiimote sucks. Unless ms makes a better version of it, there is no need for waggle-controls on 360.

That is for the people promoting wiimote on this thread. Dual analog is better for most games, if you want a quick and exact way to aim just use mouse on pc.

Kurakasa said:

Nah, wiimote sucks. Unless ms makes a better version of it, there is no need for waggle-controls on 360.

That is for the people promoting wiimote on this thread. Dual analog is better for most games, if you want a quick and exact way to aim just use mouse on pc.

In terms of precision/speed in aiming, the Wiimote is a middle ground between mouse and analog sticks. No need to create a false duality as if only the extremes mattered. More importantly, I as a long-time PC gamer believe the Wiimote is more fun since it adds to the immersion. Dual analogs are alright for some genres, but they're the worst for FPSs.

Fun is much more important to me than pwning a guy on the PC using a rail-gun.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

360 controller looks pretty ok to me. looks like cliffyB is talking out of his arse.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Kasz216 said:
endimion said:
Kasz216 said:
endimion said:
DKII said:
So in other words, the guy that hates the Wii 'cause he can't sell his engine for it wants MS to use it's controller ideas anyway.

yeah he is a jackass anyway.... fewer buttons ??? is he serious ??? I mean come on GoW uses almost all of them, and most of the games I play do.

it does look like alien spaceship, I don't see that as a problem though, it's probably the most ergonomic pad out there...

Which is why you'd need to replace said buttons with additional user interface... like the Wiimote does.

well good for FPS and Wii like games but I like my pad too for some games I don't see the benefit of motion controle and also I don't want to have to stand up for all my games, I also play to lay back and relax sometime

I see your point, it's just coming from him it's irritating lol

You don't have to stand up when playing the Wii... I never stand up when playing it...

aside from Wii-Fit anyway.

Honestly after a point having motion controls instead of buttons just is a lot more efficent.

For examplle... with the PS3 controller your thumb centers on the Square button (at least mine does.)

It's quicker to activate the motion controls with a flick of the wrist then it is to shift to one of the other buttons.

I played Wii enough, I know you don,t have to but a 2 player game of tennis on Wii sport seating on the couch is not really fun and convenient IMO

now you are talking about PS3 pad that's exactly right that' why I don't like it, I feel that the XB dual analog are way better positioned than on dual shocks

and I don't see myself playing some RPGs and hack'n slash with a Wiimote... the number of button on the pad is perfect IMO but a Wiimote like pad for other games or people that want to use it can be good, but if I want something like the Wii i'd buy one, I don't see why MS should or would do one next gen

That's okay, Cliffy looks like an alien. Seriously, he looks like someone who has spent at least 10.000$ on plastic surgery! He does help make some awesome games though, so I forgive him for being a tad ugly...

NJ5 said:
Kurakasa said:

In terms of precision/speed in aiming, the Wiimote is a middle ground between mouse and analog sticks. No need to create a false duality as if only the extremes mattered. More importantly, I as a long-time PC gamer believe the Wiimote is more fun since it adds to the immersion. Dual analogs are alright for some genres, but they're the worst for FPSs.

Fun is much more important to me than pwning a guy on the PC using a rail-gun.

I for one enjoy my shooters with dual analog. That is coming from a hardcore pc player.. (used to be) Also, I did not get any better immersion by pointing to screen with a remote. But for a game like halo wars, ir-pointing is definitely interesting.

Edit: wait, did you just say that pwning a guy with a railgun is not fun? :O omg

So....?
This is probably the lamest quote he has ever said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!