By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "XBox360 controller looks like an Alien Spaceship" says Cliffy B.

DKII said:
So in other words, the guy that hates the Wii 'cause he can't sell his engine for it wants MS to use it's controller ideas anyway.

Well we already knew that.  The first part anyway.

Around the Network
llewdebkram said:
It feels like a good quality controller as does the Wii-Mote.

Coincidentally I picked up a PS3 controller today for the first time and to me it didn't have the same quality feel as the other two.

That's because it's light.  The Dualshock 3's should be heavier. 

NJ5 said:
IMO, more important than the mentions of extraterrestrial aeronautical design is his pretty clear wish that 360's controller was more like the Wiimote. Is this the same Cliffy B we used to know?

Maybe he played a FPS on the Wii recently?  Guy is an ass... but it's hard to deny how much better the Wiimote can be utilized compared to dual analog.

DKII said:
So in other words, the guy that hates the Wii 'cause he can't sell his engine for it wants MS to use it's controller ideas anyway.

yeah he is a jackass anyway.... fewer buttons ??? is he serious ??? I mean come on  GoW uses almost all of them, and most of the games I play do.

it does look like alien spaceship, I don't see that as a problem though, it's probably the most ergonomic pad out there...

endimion said:
DKII said:

yeah he is a jackass anyway.... fewer buttons ??? is he serious ??? I mean come on GoW uses almost all of them, and most of the games I play do.

it does look like alien spaceship, I don't see that as a problem though, it's probably the most ergonomic pad out there...

Which is why you'd need to replace said buttons with additional user interface... like the Wiimote does.

Around the Network

i think its better that the first xbox's controller and i think that its fine the way it is now ps3 first controller design looked more like an alien spaceship but most people dont look at a controller and think of a spaceship

Cliff B is not a very intellegent person. That is why he is complained about the amount of buttons on the controller

the xbox controller is a better than the ps3 controller thats for sure, makes it easyier to play cod ect

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

I think the Xbox controller is fine as is. Having played a fair amount FPSs on the PC it is a lot easier to aim with the pointer/wiimote tho I prefer the mouse. I play all my analog FPS on max sensitivity and it still holds decent. TBH I would not like the use of motion control on a controller for much of anything in an online enviroment. Thats just my opinion tho.

And does anyone take Cliff Blezinski serious anymore? He seems to be on a roll with quesionable thoughts lately.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Kasz216 said:
endimion said:
DKII said:

yeah he is a jackass anyway.... fewer buttons ??? is he serious ??? I mean come on GoW uses almost all of them, and most of the games I play do.

Which is why you'd need to replace said buttons with additional user interface... like the Wiimote does.

well good for FPS and Wii like games but I like my pad too for some games I don't see the benefit of motion controle and also I don't want to have to stand up for all my games, I also play to lay back and relax sometime

I see your point, it's just coming from him it's irritating lol