By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "XBox360 controller looks like an Alien Spaceship" says Cliffy B.

@Kurakasa: Metroid Prime 3 was the first game I played on the Wii after Wii Sports. 5 seconds after starting to play it, I knew the Wiimote was the right choice for immersion in FPS gaming. It makes you feel like you're actually inside the game! I never got that feeling from any PC or 360 game.

I understand that people's experiences are different, but I do know that a lot of people feel the same way as I do. I think many PC players like me are buying Wiis because of this.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Kurakasa said:

Edit: wait, did you just say that pwning a guy with a railgun is not fun? :O omg

No, that's not what I meant! Of course it's fun ;) My point was supposed to be "fun is more important than being competitive".

It looks like shit compared with the Playstation controller. But its very comfortable. So function over form for this one. (And I like my buttons, Complex games that originated on the PC simply aren't possible with 2 buttons and a direction pad.

i love xbox360 said:
the xbox controller is a better than the ps3 controller thats for sure, makes it easyier to play cod ect

good luck playing something like street fighter or any other fighting game with the 360 controller!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

NJ5 said:
@Kurakasa: Metroid Prime 3 was the first game I played on the Wii after Wii Sports. 5 seconds after starting to play it, I knew the Wiimote was the right choice for immersion in FPS gaming. It makes you feel like you're actually inside the game! I never got that feeling from any PC or 360 game.

I understand that people's experiences are different, but I do know that a lot of people feel the same way as I do. I think many PC players like me are buying Wiis because of this.

Yeah, people have different opinions. For me there is never going to be "immersion" from controllers. You will always be in front of the screen holding a plastic thing. :D

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Bingo.And I'm one of them.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Kurakasa said:
NJ5 said:

Yeah, people have different opinions. For me there is never going to be "immersion" from controllers. You will always be in front of the screen holding a plastic thing. :D

It was pretty easy to forget I was holding a controller when playing MP3. As controllers get more and more perfect, I believe everyone will begin to forget it sometimes ;)

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh the attack of the spaceships.

Well at least it is better then the first xbox controller

NJ5 said:
Kurakasa said:
NJ5 said:

It was pretty easy to forget I was holding a controller when playing MP3. As controllers get more and more perfect, I believe everyone will begin to forget it sometimes ;)

Boxing in Wii sports I don't even think about the controler I'm acting like I would on the screen...

Former something....

@NJ5

Well, if they make one which weighs something like 3-5kg and kicks back when you shoot then yes, I will forget it is a controller. :D But the screen would still be there..