By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did you consider games on PSN or XBOX Live before the purchase of console

Just wandering if having better games made on nay network made any significant effect on your buying decission.?

or did u bought your console only for PSN or XBOX live game.?

Around the Network

Nope -- had no idea of what games would even be on PSN when i bought PS3 since here in Australia we usually are forced to wait months before games are released here (yea apparently it takes 6 months to translate English to English... )

I focused on retail games -- and why wouldn't you, up until this gen of gaming retail games were the main if not only source for console games.

No I hardly ever play online.
Single player is more my thing

I don't own a PS3 or a 360.

But online games on my Wii are nice. Love SSBB and MKW. I'm more of a single/local multiplayer person anyway though.

And as for the VC and WW games, I love them. But I would still have bought the Wii anyway with out them. But they just make the system better than if they weren't in.

reask said:

by online games i mean the games available on PSN or XBOX live which are bought and downloaded from the network and they don't need to be played online... rather game play is offline mostly like everyday shooter or Pixel Junk.

Around the Network

Personally a few years ago I never pictured myself ever buying any game that I didn't have a physical media w/ box and artwork in hand. But now I love those $10 downloadable titles. I would never give games like Pixel Junk Monsters and Everyday shooter a chance otherwise if they cost more in store and were not so easy to get on the PSN. Still, I will avoid paying $30-$60 for a game on the PSN in case I want to sell it when I'm done.

Bought the 360 without thinking of the Xbox Live Arcade games. However, few weeks after that, heard that Street Fighter 2 was coming on Arcade so did get excited about that. But it was after my purchase of console.

Didn't buy PS3 with PSN games in mind (and still haven't bought any btw).

Bought Wii more for Wii games but was a definite plus knowing that VC was releasing awesome oldies!

Doesn't really answer your question but in short: No, I don't buy consoles for the online games you can purchase but it's a plus.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Noobie said:
reask said:

by online games i mean the games available on PSN or XBOX live which are bought and downloaded from the network and they don't need to be played online... rather game play is offline mostly like everyday shooter or Pixel Junk.

then no the only games I got on live was pacman and 3d golf.

nothing else demo wise has made me want to get anything else.

No. I do not care at all for online console gaming. PC online gaming is definitely a lot better than the console online gaming.

nope,
but pc says hi