By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - will diablo 3 go to consoles?

now that blizzard and activision are emerged do you think activision might release it on consoles?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

70% --- No way, it will remain on PC
15% --- A mainstream aimed product should be on a mainstream system (Wii) with nice controls.
15% --- PS3/Xbox360 with the keyboard and mouse peipherals

maybe, but not sure...

It won't. There will be far too much development required for consoles and PC users to co-exist on battle.net.

i hope so, because its the only way i will play it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
rendo said:
It won't. There will be far too much development required for consoles and PC users to co-exist on battle.net.

but now that its emerged with activision i think they could give them some teams to help them develope it

If somehow Blizzard decided to put it on consoles, I doubt the console and PC versions would be playable together...it'd have to change the entire battle.net system because we all know the consoles can't adapt.

It'd be cool but I don't see it happening, mainly because Blizzard won't want to. Valve's been doing it lately with the Orange Box and Left 4 Dead, but they're A) getting other developers to do the porting, B) not really updating the games (because it's a painful, stupid process that takes weeks), and C) ignoring the PS3 because it's a bitch to develop for and not worth it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

No.  Keep in mind though that it should be able to run on any PC built within the last 5 years, most likely.  This isn't Crytek we're talking about here.

BenKenobi88 said:
If somehow Blizzard decided to put it on consoles, I doubt the console and PC versions would be playable together...it'd have to change the entire battle.net system because we all know the consoles can't adapt.

It'd be cool but I don't see it happening, mainly because Blizzard won't want to. Valve's been doing it lately with the Orange Box and Left 4 Dead, but they're A) getting other developers to do the porting, B) not really updating the games (because it's a painful, stupid process that takes weeks), and C) ignoring the PS3 because it's a bitch to develop for and not worth it.

well i dont relly know how battle.net works that why i asked this

I liked the Original Diablo on the PS1 and wouldnt mind this put on any of the current systems, They could alway have 2 seperate Bnets if they couldnt get them intergrated or there had to be slight differences in the versions.