By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft E3 Preidictions

how is that even selling? does anyone have figures?

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

The Elite is sorta difficult to track. No one knows how many Microsoft are producing each month, and in some areas it has sold out while reports from other areas are it is available.

I like some of these predictions. They look good. And remember peoples, exclusive this generation usually means TIMED exclusive. So, it is plausible that Star Wars Battlefront could show up on the 360 before it multi-plats. Rare definitely needs to show what they've got up their sleeve. Kameo and Banjo would be nice.

I'm not sure about Epic showing off a Gears 2 trailer, but it's possible. But the wait would be horrendous, cause it probably wouldn't show until fall 2008. A Bourne game would be sweet. An MGS announcement for 360 would be ... kinda odd, unless Konami announces 2007 MGS4 for PS3, and maybe a spin off series like Portable Ops to come to 360?

I'd like more info on JRPG's coming (Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, etc). And if they're gonna announce 65nm tech, it should be shipping soon after E3. One of the biggest concerns I hear is about the reliability of 360s. If they can guarantee 65nm tech will make the RROD disappear, people will take the plunge, but only when it's available. They have to be careful, just like Sony has to be careful about announcing price cuts.

Here's a far out there prediction that would steal the show: Goldeneye 007 for XBLA with Live multiplayer ;)

akuma587 said:
I think I remember Capcom saying that Dead Rising 2 will be multiplatform. Same for Lost Planet sequels. All part of their new "strategy" for this generation.

Capcom hasn't said anything about Dead Rising 2 or a Lost Planet sequel other than that they're going to be making an announcement at E3 that may be about a Lost Planet sequel.

ckmlb said:

- Microsoft have bought the Star Wars Battlefront 3 rights. Trailer/Demo to be shown.

I wouldn't be surprised at all by this since it's known to be in production at Free Radical for the 360.

http://www.mygen.com.au/article.php?page_id=37413715110181074&se_id=29&format=2

"Star Wars Battlefront gets Radical on 360!
29 Sep 2006 4:05pm

Free Radical bring LucasArts' shooter to the next-gen

Over at our sister site CVG, their intrepid Bothan spies have scooped a world exclusive that will send Xbox 360 owning Star Wars fans into a force-based frenzy!

Star Wars Battlefront is headed to Microsoft's vanilla wonder!"

ckmlb said:
- Rare to show off Banjo Kazooie 3 (Banjo-Theerie).
- Rare to announce 2 new games.
- Rare to announce Kameo 2.

I think it's a given that they're going to show Banjo Kazooie 3 in some form.  As for Rare announcing two new games for 360 it's rumored that they're working on a new Perfect Dark game and also a game called Sabreman Stampede which is a racing game featuring famous Rare characters.  I can see Sabreman Stampede being developed since Microsoft has already mentioned wanting some more family friendly titles on their system.  I wouldn't be surprised at Kameo 2 either, to be honest I'd believe in a sequel to that before one to Perfect Dark Zero.

Around the Network

I don't really put a lot of stock into this rumor since it's Joystiq and it's a hard one to swallow, but apparently Casamassina is saying that Halo DS is a reality.

I don't really care about Halo on the DS, but the idea of Nintendo and MS working together makes me a little happy and Brothers in Arms DS shows that the DS could handle a Halo game.

Whats about Halo wars, whats the news on that ?

twesterm said:
I don't really put a lot of stock into this rumor since it's Joystiq and it's a hard one to swallow, but apparently Casamassina is saying that Halo DS is a reality.

I don't really care about Halo on the DS, but the idea of Nintendo and MS working together makes me a little happy and Brothers in Arms DS shows that the DS could handle a Halo game.
Any machine can handle Halo if you modify it enough, I didn't need brothers in arms to tell me the DS can handle Halo, I just don't see it happening though.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I don't know when MS will announce their price drop. I don't think they will announce anything until the last minute to prevent a sales decline for the 360. That stated the price drop will be $100. A $50 price drop really wouldn't amount to much of anything IMO. A $100 price drop puts the squeeze on the Wii since its $250 and it would kill Sony whether matched the price drop or not. If Sony matches their loses on the PS3 will continue to be obscene, if they don't they will watch both of their competitors eat into their market share at an accelerated rate.

I don't think we will see Gears 2 yet - Epic is not EA and I think they will concentrate on marketing UT3 this year