By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Megaman 9 exclusive Game Rader info + screens!

Mmmm very retro, looks nice...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
Definately a day one purchase. The first 4 Megaman games were fantastic, but MM5 started to suck. We'll see about this one.

So, what do you people think, is Megaman 9 an originally planned NES game, which got cancelled, or is it a title, that just recently got started?

Completely new, original title just for Wii Ware. There is a lengthy preview and interview in this months Nintendo Power. The story is, when the folks at Capcom got to thinking about what they wanted to do on Wii Ware, they decided they wanted to do something FOR the fans, and between the popularity of the old MegaMan titles and the 8-bit retro t-shirts and merchandise that is proliferating, they decided to take a shot at doing a "brand new" NES game.

It IS an NES game. They went back to the original toolkits, pulled original NES artists, and a composer familiar with the NES soundsystem for the score, and set about writing a new NES game from the ground up just for this.

I'm equal parts excited about a new, true 8-bit MegaMan, but also disappointed that they didn't go with a true 8-bit sequel to Bionic Commando or Blaster Master.

I hope SqEnix is paying attention.

The Anarchyz said:
wfz said:
The Anarchyz said:
I hope this is the beggining of telling the complete storyline between the classic and the X series, because we don't know squad about what happened to everyone between that time...

The game looks awesome, i don't care if it's 8,16,32 or 64 bit, as long it is 2D because the greatest Megaman games were made in 2D... I will buy it the second it hits WiiWare

Hahahahha, like every other original Megaman game I doubtthis will have any significant story to it. Megaman was never about that though, until the X series.

They do tell a story, the 3,4,5 and 6 show a little piece of storyline, the 7th even puts Megaman in a more complex storyline with one of my favorite endings (Megaman almost killed Wily), the 8th even shows cutscenes of the story...

In Megaman 2: The Power Fighters (not to be confused with the original Megaman 2) In Bass's Ending Wily tells him that  his new unfinished robot will outpower Bass, and then it shows a silhoutte of Zero (for me it's the only ending that advances the story)...

And that's not counting the info that we know from the booklets and outside...

Now, X series have a story far more complex and dark, etc., i agree, but the classic series do tell a story...

Hmmm well you're right I suppose. I never played much of 7 and 8, I just couldn't get into them.

Yes the earlier titles do have stories, I never said they didn't, but they aren't very complex are they? To me they seemed to be just enough to convey why the game was happening, and that's it. Maybe I missed over something?

Niiiiiiiiiiiice... this is exactly what i was hoping would happen one day with WiiWare and the VC... that developers would make completely original "retro" titles designed as if they were intended to be released in cartridge form and played on an actual NES/SNES/Genesis etc.

Next up... i want a new DKC or Mario RPG! Or hell, a classic 8-bit Mario platformer would be the biggest megaton Nintendo could possibly announce right now!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

DKII said:
The first few megaman games were among my favorite NES games when I was a kid. Will definitely be checking this one out. I find it odd that they're doing this when they haven't even put any of the original games on VC, but I guess they're like SE a bit and making money off ports/remakes still.

Well I'm playing Mega Man 2 right now, so Europe has them (1 as well). I can't believe the US VC release will be far away.

But my god is this game hard, it's incredible. Great game, but hard.

Around the Network

Yea I was just going by the US list I have.

Hah, can't wait when fans will beg Capcom for Megaman X 9 or maybe even Megaman legends 3.

More on topic: It's nice to see that they are reviving classic Megaman. Maybe that will convince me to buy a Wii....someday.

Hmm, well certainly looks nice if that is to be an 8-bit game. Hope it's better than the original though, 'cause that game was, without meaning to ignite a fiercely destructive flame-war, quite terrible, in my opinion. And way too hard for today's softened-down gamers.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

wfz said:

Hmmm well you're right I suppose. I never played much of 7 and 8, I just couldn't get into them.

Yes the earlier titles do have stories, I never said they didn't, but they aren't very complex are they? To me they seemed to be just enough to convey why the game was happening, and that's it. Maybe I missed over something?

Well it's like you say, it's a telling of why the game was happening, it's not all complex, you're right on that; but, starting with the 7th game when Willy introduces Bass, it starts a chain reaction that will lead to the creation of Zero, and the silhouette already showed up in a classic series game, so i'm thinking from this point forward the story will start telling (along with the classic "stop Wily" plot) the events that lead until that time between the classic and the X Series when all hell breaks loose...

The Anarchyz said:
wfz said:

Well it's like you say, it's a telling of why the game was happening, it's not all complex, you're right on that; but, starting with the 7th game when Willy introduces Bass, it starts a chain reaction that will lead to the creation of Zero, and the silhouette already showed up in a classic series game, so i'm thinking from this point forward the story will start telling (along with the classic "stop Wily" plot) the events that lead until that time between the classic and the X Series when all hell breaks loose...

That sounds really intersting..it would be great to get more info on all of that in this game. Is there a collection of the overall megaman story on wikipedia or anything?