By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Megaman 9 exclusive Game Rader info + screens!

bdbdbd said:
Definately a day one purchase. The first 4 Megaman games were fantastic, but MM5 started to suck. We'll see about this one.

So, what do you people think, is Megaman 9 an originally planned NES game, which got cancelled, or is it a title, that just recently got started?

Well considering Mega Man 8 came out in 1996 (in Japan) I'd have to say it is a fairly recent development.

Around the Network

Yes! MUST HAVE NOWWWWW!

Chrizum said:
DKII said:
The first few megaman games were among my favorite NES games when I was a kid. Will definitely be checking this one out. I find it odd that they're doing this when they haven't even put any of the original games on VC, but I guess they're like SE a bit and making money off ports/remakes still.

What? Megaman 1 and 2 are on the virtual console, what are you talking about?

r u sure. Wikipedia says no.

ahhh, it is in PAL territories but not NA, you know, the only territory that matters. :) jk.

Soriku said:

GamesRadar: If there is a XBLA or PSN version in the making, will there be any differences from Wii to 360 to PS3, like online capabilities or galleries?

Inafune: We haven’t announced a XBLA or PSN title yet. Do the fans want them? As a rule, I try not to create differences between platforms. Differences based on platform capabilities may optimize possibilities and gameplay specific to a particular platform, yet that is not necessarily welcomed by the users. Everyone desires what s/he has to be better than the others’ and it will be unfair to create differences in my opinion. To avoid such a situation, I always try to create equality across the platforms and make sure everyone will be happy with our creations.

lol. Seems they want to keep it Wii exclusive...

It seems the opposite to me. That "yet" guaranteed to me that there's going to be an XBLA/PSN port later.

Ugh....I still wish they wouldve done SOMETHING with the graphics.

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:

Why? The graphics is the reason why im going to check it out..

Old school style> New Fancy style

I hate graphic whores

Valkyria00 said:

Good graphics don't make a better game.

RAcCoOnErOuS said:
Valkyria00 said:

I hate graphic whores

Oh get off your high horse

I hate this pseudo-elitist attitude people have developed over graphics. There is no crime in somebody liking nice graphics and having their own preference about visuals. Did he say the game needs top-end graphics to be good? No he didn't. I actually agree with him about wishing it wasn't 8 bit. I would have preferred some 16 bit instead of 8 bit.

Too many people are adopting this "i'm real gamer because I don't care about graphics" attitude and it's just as annoying as true "graphics whores"

This whole Graphics vs Gameplay argument is getting tired.

TheSwordUser said:
Valkyria00 said:

Good graphics don't make a better game.

and bad graphics does?

I'm not even coming to comment on the graphics, Let me just say... it's definitely not a game for me.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Stats87 said:
RAcCoOnErOuS said:
Valkyria00 said:

I hate graphic whores

Oh get off your high horse

I hate this pseudo-elitist attitude people have developed over graphics. There is no crime in somebody liking nice graphics and having their own preference about visuals. Did he say the game needs top-end graphics to be good? No he didn't. I actually agree with him about wishing it wasn't 8 bit. I would have preferred some 16 bit instead of 8 bit.

Too many people are adopting this "i'm real gamer because I don't care about graphics" attitude and it's just as annoying as true "graphics whores"

This whole Graphics vs Gameplay argument is getting tired.

Agreed.

@Rac You claim to hate graphic-whores but yet say you are picking this up simply because of the graphics. So it okay to like a game for poor/old graphics but not okay to like one for good graphics? I'm confused. As Stats mentioned, the extremes of both schools are equally annoying.

In either case. I'm thinking I'll be buying this as well. Like many others I lost interest after the first few megaman games (and X), but I must say, I'm pretty excited about this.