By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Megaman 9 exclusive Game Rader info + screens!

RolStoppable said:
What the hell is up with Capcom? That piece of junk looks like an NES game.

I call for a Boycott!
Capcom hates Wii confirmed: RE5 for PS360 and Wii gets friggin' PIXELS?!?

Around the Network

wow!! something noone expected!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

PORTAL LEVELS HOLY ASS!!!!!!!1111111eleventeen

Actually Megaman 9 with 8-bit style was the best idea they could come up with. This is not a cheap cash-in system as you might think. It was a design choice to bring the franhise to his roots

the Megaman franchise hasn't aged well. With each new iteration new features were added,while some were pretty good, they all helped it to branch it out and in time it lost the escense. Look at the different games.

• Megaman (original)
  • Megaman X
  • Megaman Zero
  • Megaman Legends
  • Megaman Battle Network
  • Megaman ZX
  • The new other Megaman which name I can't remember (lol)

When the branching started, the franchise went out of control. I'm not saying that these branches suck, but in many you don 't have the same Megaman game feeling with the latest iterations and they aren't being as successful as they wanted. There is a high posibility that in the future it will die.

You guys remember Megaman Powered up and Maverick Hunter X? Yes, they were remakes of Megaman and Megaman X with 2.5D graphins and improves gameplay with many features.... and Guess what... they both bombed in sales. Inafune was proud of those games but they had bad sales.

So in order to save Megaman and make it evolve properly, they must start all over. Throw everything away and start over from the best Megaman game ever created (for the developers and most fans): Megaman 2

Megaman 2 was the best game due to many reasons: there was no publisher pressure, they had full freedom and the purpose was making it a fun game. This is why their purpose was to surpass that game with Megaman 9. They wanted to forget about polygons or high quality sprites, voice acting and surround sound. They want this game to be one thing, what really matters the most, FUN.

It is ironic, Perhaps this will convince some 3d games to go back to good old 2d gameplay, or 2d platforms with 3d characters. I think Warioware looks fully sick, and to be honest the 2d platforming parts of Mario Galaxy were excellent fun. I think 2d makes some games better and Capcom / Nintendo are not stupid.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
RAcCoOnErOuS said:
Valkyria00 said:
Ugh....I still wish they wouldve done SOMETHING with the graphics.

Why? The graphics is the reason why im going to check it out..

Old school style> New Fancy style

I hate graphic whores

Because I PERSONALLY would want something more than 8-bit graphics. I dont give a shit if thats why youre gonna check it out.

Im a  graphic whore??? I own a fucking Wii! How the hell am I a graphic whore? I didnt say I want HD graphics I simply said they shouldve done SOMETHING with the graphics. Its fucking 2008 if youre gonna make a 2D game you can make it look nice. Just because its fucking 8-bit doesnt mean its gonna be good and doesnt make you any more of a "hardcore" gamer because you think 8-bit is "cool" and "classic".

Stats87 said:
RAcCoOnErOuS said:
Valkyria00 said:

I hate graphic whores

Oh get off your high horse

I hate this pseudo-elitist attitude people have developed over graphics. There is no crime in somebody liking nice graphics and having their own preference about visuals. Did he say the game needs top-end graphics to be good? No he didn't. I actually agree with him about wishing it wasn't 8 bit. I would have preferred some 16 bit instead of 8 bit.

Too many people are adopting this "i'm real gamer because I don't care about graphics" attitude and it's just as annoying as true "graphics whores"

This whole Graphics vs Gameplay argument is getting tired.

Finally. Thank you.=)

TheSwordUser said:
Valkyria00 said:

Good graphics don't make a better game.

I dont give a shit! Im not saying anything about it being a better game. My comment means exactly what its says.

"I still wish they wouldve done SOMETHING with the graphics."

I want better 2D graphics in 2008. Not some 8-bit shit. The game might be great and I hope it is but 20 year old graphics isnt my damn thing especially when you can put in some effort to making it a pretty looking game.

Soriku said:
Stats87 said:
RAcCoOnErOuS said:
Valkyria00 said:

I hate graphic whores

Oh get off your high horse

I hate this pseudo-elitist attitude people have developed over graphics. There is no crime in somebody liking nice graphics and having their own preference about visuals. Did he say the game needs top-end graphics to be good? No he didn't. I actually agree with him about wishing it wasn't 8 bit. I would have preferred some 16 bit instead of 8 bit.

Too many people are adopting this "i'm real gamer because I don't care about graphics" attitude and it's just as annoying as true "graphics whores"

This whole Graphics vs Gameplay argument is getting tired.

The whole argument started when HD console fans started saying the Wii was "inferior" because it didn't have HD graphics, etc. It's no wonder it's still going on. When people actually learn to accept every console then we can stop the stupid argument.

Not sure if its aimed at me but I just wanna say since it started with my comment being quoted that Im not arguing about gameplay over graphics are which system looks better.

I simply said I wish they wouldve done something with the games graphics. I own a Wii so I cant possibly be a graphics whore and I never argue about which games look better on what system and so on.

Looks awesome. Can't wait for this.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva