By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 1st VGC VC Giveaway!

ClaudeLv250 said:
Is this limited to just VC or can you gift WiiWare games too?

If they are 1000 points or below....WiiWare is fair game.

Around the Network

So, everyone who has volunteered has their names in, right? My chances are slim, but I don't like paying for virtual things.

MontanaHatchet said:
So, everyone who has volunteered has their names in, right? My chances are slim, but I don't like paying for virtual things.

erm....that's not what I hear.

But on a less crude note...yep...everyone who has posted in this thread (even those from Montana) are qualified to win one free Virtual Console or Wii Ware game equal to or less that 1000 Wii points.

Sounds like a great deal to me.  Of course...I can sense that no one wants to bump this thread now....for fear that your chances will be slimmed down.

All the more reason to encourage VGC to take it upon themselves to break into the bank and let out a few of those hard earned ad dollars to promote a little excitement and competition in the community.

Har dee har har.

count me in!

Around the Network

Count me in.

Now would be a good time to lock this thread to keep the competition from growing. ;)

im in but i doubt i would win but hey free is free and great idea i think this should become a regular feature on VGC but i don't think people would want to spend their money on a game they aren't going to play

Free games are always nice.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:

I played it today. Got the morph ball, and my missile capacity is at 20. And i have an extra capsule of energy. I'm lovin it

You don't understand how happy that makes me.

Yesterday you seemed pretty down on the game.  Try to stay away from walkthroughs.  I know it can be frustrating sometimes...but finding your way through this game is 85% of the fun.

I do recommend reading a little online to learn some of the more obscure possible moves. I never would have figured out how to do walljumping or shinesparking on my own. Otherwise I agree. Find your own powerups and bleed your way through boss fights.

I'm trying to think of a suggestion for VC gifts involving vg$ or good forum behavior which won't backfire into bad forum behavior somehow. Drawing a blank, but I'll be back if I think of something.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:

I played it today. Got the morph ball, and my missile capacity is at 20. And i have an extra capsule of energy. I'm lovin it

You don't understand how happy that makes me.

Yesterday you seemed pretty down on the game. Try to stay away from walkthroughs. I know it can be frustrating sometimes...but finding your way through this game is 85% of the fun.

I do recommend reading a little online to learn some of the more obscure possible moves. I never would have figured out how to do walljumping or shinesparking on my own. Otherwise I agree. Find your own powerups and bleed your way through boss fights.

I'm trying to think of a suggestion for VC gifts involving vg$ or good forum behavior which won't backfire into bad forum behavior somehow. Drawing a blank, but I'll be back if I think of something.

Both of these moves are actually taught within the game in situtations where you either learn them....or stay stuck.  I think it's one of the most beautiful in-game tutorials ever made:  Here...figure this out...or die.

Here's a bit of trivia: What are the little guys called who teach you how to wall jump?