By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 1st VGC VC Giveaway!

Welcome everyone to the First VGChartz Virtual Console Giveaway.

I've got some points on my Wii that are just dying to be given away...and I thought maybe we could try a little game.

You see, I'm not entirely certain about the other consoles, but I know that the Wii allows you to "gift" other users with a virtual console game. Well it would seem that the framework (at least for Wii-users) is set up prizes and rewards for good behavior, great contributions to the site, amazingly accurate predictions, or just winning some random drawing.

So let's get down to business.

• This contest is only open to North American Wii owners (since I only have a Wii...and I'm the one giving away the points!)
  • To enter...just post (preferably with a suggestion about how this can be implemented for the entire site)
  • You only need to enter once...multiple posts do not equal multiple entries into the contest.
  • The winner must put in their sig: I won (blank game) from the 1st VGC VC Giveaway! and keep it there for at least a week. This is just to let people know that the contest was real...and that there really was a winner.
  • This contest will run until July 11th. The winner will be announced on July 12th.
  • Unless otherwise stated...all entrants will be given a number. That number will be written on a piece of paper...put in a hat....and drawn by my girlfriend. I understand that this selection process is crude...and I gladly welcome innovative ideas about how to make it more "open." Perhaps there are flash based programs that can simulate this in real-time so everyone can see.
  • The prize will be equal to or less than 1000 Wii points.
  • Good luck.

So c'mon everyone. Stop by...drop your name in the hat....and let's discuss ways that VGChartz can implement this type of contest on a regular basis (if ioi were to approve, of course).

IMPORTANT: THIS IS FOR NORTH AMERICAN Wii OWNERS ONLY!!!

Around the Network

Make it sticky! I hereby enter this contest.

Maybe there can be a contest forums...?

That is very nice of yea :D
I'll enter I still haven't played Legend of Zelda 2

Do somekind of pictionary : you show us a drawing/photo and we must guess what it is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sry. I am in Europe

Around the Network

I am entering, Great idea!

you should probably mention that (as you live in the US) this is limited to US residents only. can't gift cross regions.

edit:  last holiday stof started a "secret santa" thread in which we gave out VC games.  i'm this happens again this holiday so think of this as an advanced warning. should be even better this year as there are a ton more games to choose from. xD

If you are runnings windows, you can choose names via

http://dotnet.borland.com/random/client.aspx

or just google random name selector

Just so you know, I was thinking of doing something similar (also Wii only, and supplied points by me)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

VGChartz is already my friend on the 360. They need to go ahead and give out friend codes for the Wii (I know it'd take multiple consoles). After that, the contest can begin. Eligible members/Wii owners could send in crazy pics, Miis, or whatever the contest is about via Wiiconnect24 and ioi or someone can post the results, or submissions on this site. Forum members can comment and judge.

That's how I'd do it.

I'm in! I want that free VC game!

Contest/giveaway forums might be a solution for the implementation on the entire site... people could just start a topic with a challenge or a lotery, and give the winner some kind of digital prize... A VC/WiiWare/PSN/XBLA download, vg$, or something else.
Maybe ban-bets can be done in contest forums as well!

EDIT: ahwwww.... is it for US residents only? Why, Nintendo?!

I blame Wiipoints.