By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 1st VGC VC Giveaway!

super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:
Even though you just gifted me Super Metroid yesterday etecoon, I'd like another free game from you. 1000 points is just enough for Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

And will you tell the people that you haven't even got the morph ball...already got bored...and probably will never play the game again?

I played it today.  Got the morph ball, and my missile capacity is at 20.  And i have an extra capsule of energy.  I'm lovin it

Around the Network

I might as well jump in to. I'm not sure what you could do for criteria but there are enough creative users on this site that someone will come up with something.

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a trivia game based solely on video games and the industries history. Make a thread with various polls that some of you set up with the question and answers as the poll choices.

Person to be the first one to get 100% wins.

DMeisterJ said:
super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:
Even though you just gifted me Super Metroid yesterday etecoon, I'd like another free game from you. 1000 points is just enough for Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

And will you tell the people that you haven't even got the morph ball...already got bored...and probably will never play the game again?

I played it today. Got the morph ball, and my missile capacity is at 20. And i have an extra capsule of energy. I'm lovin it

You don't understand how happy that makes me.

Yesterday you seemed pretty down on the game.  Try to stay away from walkthroughs.  I know it can be frustrating sometimes...but finding your way through this game is 85% of the fun.

Count me in!

I already won a VC game from that Super Smash Bros. Brawl Screenshot contest some time ago, but there's a new VC game I'm dying to get, and I don't have any Wii points left. ;_;

So yeah, another screenshot contest would be good? o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I want in on the giveaway :)

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

you can build up credits through the Amazon Store and every 5 games you buy or whatever you can get a free VC game.

super_etecoon said:
nordlead said:
oh, In case your not counting someone unless they say they want in, I want in!

lol...just posting is enough.

But I would like to see a lot more peole making suggestions for how this could be implemented for the site.  Something I think could be done is have a certain criteria that needs to be met...For instance...

Over the course of a month:

• Update at least three games.
  • Post 75 times.
  • Any Ban during the course of the month is disqualification.

Not a bad idea, but 75 posts is a lot, as someone who used to only post 1-2 times a day, 75 would be a stretch.

My original idea for doing something like this was more along the lines of the person with the best accuracy in the prediction league over the course of 1 month or something like that (obviously the 1 month thing was so I wouldn't go broke backing the contest)

My biggest problem though, was how do I involve owners of other systems, as I don't know how they work, and I'm not going to send cash.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
super_etecoon said:
nordlead said:
oh, In case your not counting someone unless they say they want in, I want in!

lol...just posting is enough.

But I would like to see a lot more peole making suggestions for how this could be implemented for the site. Something I think could be done is have a certain criteria that needs to be met...For instance...

Over the course of a month:

• Update at least three games.
  • Post 75 times.
  • Any Ban during the course of the month is disqualification.

Not a bad idea, but 75 posts is a lot, as someone who used to only post 1-2 times a day, 75 would be a stretch.

My original idea for doing something like this was more along the lines of the person with the best accuracy in the prediction league over the course of 1 month or something like that (obviously the 1 month thing was so I wouldn't go broke backing the contest)

My biggest problem though, was how do I involve owners of other systems, as I don't know how they work, and I'm not going to send cash.

I know how you feel...

But you don't average 1-2 posts per day.  You average a little over 3...and over 90 a month.  You've been here for a little over a year and you have 1263 posts...which seems to confirm this. 

The prediction league is certainly something that could be used. 

The main problem in all of this is that there are several different consoles...and several different regions.  It could get really complicated along the way.  But it's an interesting discussion nonetheless.

I am entering, good luck to all!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709