By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 update 2.4--whaaattt!? It's been removed from servers!

How many here have had a bricked PS3 from this update? I haven't.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

i have 2.40 it works fine with the exception of in game music, it keeps saying "music playback is not available in this game"

jjseth: Counting the thread, 1. (NeoRatt) So far, pretty good.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Let me explain

The thing that causes the consoles to brick is not the firmware, its the Hard drive.

There is a certain thing in the Harddrive of some users that doesnt run well with the firmware, if you take the HDD out of the "bricked" console and completely wipe it clean, you can run 2.4 just fine.

I suspect it has something to do with certain titles that were coded like crap, certain EA titles, Need for speed completely freezes the console, the game is un-playable.

mM

Wha...? This is quite strange... Mine has been just fine on 2.4

Around the Network

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/02/firmware-v240-status/

"Firmware v2.40 status

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

As has been reported on many gaming blogs and websites, we have temporarily taken Firmware v2.40 offline. We’ve received a limited number of calls from consumers experiencing an issue with installing the system software update on their PS3. While our consumer services department has seen a low volume of calls on this topic, we are committed to providing the PS3 community with XMB access features delivered in the v2.40 update. We are working diligently to isolate the problem for those few consumers and to identify a solution before we put the firmware back up.

We’ll provide further information as necessary here on the Blog."

My PS3 works perfectly fine with the update, so I consider myself lucky...

I've had absolutely no problems with 2.40. Loving the in-game messaging though... :D

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Updated without any problems here.

At least they are doing the right thing for pulling out the update instead of doing nothing.