By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 update 2.4--whaaattt!? It's been removed from servers!

downloaded 2.4 and works perfectly :)

Around the Network
talkingparrot said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Sony, while attempting to Copy one of Xbox360's most enjoyed features , gamescore, instead find themselves copying one of Xbox360's least favourite features, bricking consoles.

Really is a shame. Hope for those who installed it successfully it's not a time bomb, and that they figure out the problem shortly!

Thanks for adding nothing remotely intelligent to the conversation troll.

and what are you adding??? .... there is a report button you know....

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Its funny, I'm using 2.40 with no problems!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

@ the guys with no problems, do you think it is strange that you haven't had the problem?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Well looking through this it seems like kotaku is just being its sensationalist self.

kirby007 said:
@ the guys with no problems, do you think it is strange that you haven't had the problem?

Umm why?  I've never had a problem with a FW update before, and it looks like GAF is 200 for 200 not bricked for just the first four or so pages.  Seems like the only problem is the same stupid people who turn their console off during the installation, or some other similar thing.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

why woul it be strange ? How many people do you think has the problem?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This can't be good..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

psrock said:
kirby007 said:

why woul it be strange ? How many people do you think has the problem?

atleast less victim then the rrod ever made LOL ;)

no serious why does it matter yours didn't had it, what are you proving with it?

I just tried to DL it and it isn't available anymore. I find it funny Sony's biggest update and they couldn't get it right. I read it bricked over 3000 PS3's not alot with 12 Million worldwide. A big enough problem for them to pull it. Sony copied Microsoft to a "T" on this one. It's like a bad Windows update, lol.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

talkingparrot said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Sony, while attempting to Copy one of Xbox360's most enjoyed features , gamescore, instead find themselves copying one of Xbox360's least favourite features, bricking consoles.

Really is a shame. Hope for those who installed it successfully it's not a time bomb, and that they figure out the problem shortly!

Thanks for adding nothing remotely intelligent to the conversation troll.

I find it more amusing he gets so upset when his first comment stated "It's all in good humour".

Let's face it, when a system crashes, it sucks, and it sucks hard. Apparently it's your job to prevent it as best you can, and good on you. I'm not certain how many people will take you up on your offer to bug test them, as a successful bug test would leave them with a potentially broken PS3 though. From what I understand, if it crashes, the system loads without a system menu.

Also, let's construct my statement: Ps3 is copying Gamerscore in their own unique way, true. Ps3 is untentionally copying Xbox360's largest flaw, true (In so much as any update screws with a console, let's hope). Where's the troll in 2 truthful tongue in cheek statements? Please, let me know, or stop accusing me of being a troll.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.