By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 software will equal Wii's

I think this is the last hope for the analysts that backed PS3. They appear to finally realise that there is virtually no chance PS3 will outsell Wii hardware wise. Now they have moved on to software. It seems many of them gambled their houses on PS3's success which is why they refuse to believe it will lose to Wii irrespective of the evidence before them.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

This thread proves one thing:

Analysts are common fanboys.

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2

By how the things are going on, i will say it's very unprobable, but hey! something radical could happen so.. who knows?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Just some numbers for you guys, as of March 31, 2008 The PS3 sold 71.3 million in software and the Wii sold 148.44 million (According to Wikipedia)

Sony domination starts in 2012. Now the question has finally been answered. I'm glad that was finally cleared up.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Do we have any year by year-figures? I thought Wii took the software crown and just ran away.

(or month by month or...)

At this rate, there may even come a time when Wii balance board software outsells PS3 software.

stranne said:

Do we have any year by year-figures? I thought Wii took the software crown and just ran away.

At this rate, there may even come a time when Wii balance board software outsells PS3 software.

Well according to Nintendo, they claimed that the Wii sold 50 million in software in there first year of being out

no i think wii will pull away even more

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

See this has been brought up many times now (it's the old DFC prediction) and it is very odd.
They predict that the Wii will sell more hardware units by a decentish margin (I think they believe PS3 will catch up in later life, but not by enough to quash much of the significant Wii lead) and yet they also believe that PS3 software will sell more than the Wii.

As the OP has proved with those figures from Wiki (they actually come from Sony/Nintendos fiscal reports) they both have very similar attach ratios (the Wii software does not include Wii Sports btw)

Gilgamesh said:
stranne said:

Well according to Nintendo, they claimed that the Wii sold 50 million in software in there first year of being out

That figure is for USA only. (and it was a bit more than a year I think)

The figures you posted in the OP and a second post are the Worldwide shimpent figures for software (Nintendo doesn't include Wii Sports, I am unsure whether Sony includes their bundles but they are not as significant as Wii Sports anyway)