By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 software will equal Wii's

I think there are quite a few Wii owners out there who's game library in 2012 will look something like this:
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Fit
Wii Sports 2
Wii Play More
Wii Sports 3
Wii Fitter

This new market that Nintendo tapped, aren't the same people that bought Ninja Gaiden 2 for 60 bucks on their 360 then bought MGS4 a week later for their PS3. They're people that buy Beanie Babies and Tickle-Me-Elmo's. Unless it's on the news, they won't even know that a new Zelda game was released or that Resident Evil 6 is out.

Fortunately for Nintendo, a lot of "real" gamers bought Wii's too. And that's why good quality games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Galaxy etc. are selling well.

Around the Network

the thing about the 10 year thing is they probably want to see next cycle what their competition does then expand on their ideas, the bad thing about that strategy is what if Since the competition isn't meeting much friction they decide to also adopt a 10 year plan.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Yes I agree.

By 2012, the PS3 will be matching the software sales of the Wii' 2008 software sales.

WOW.. What spin! I'm joking of course. But back to reality, I Doubt it'll be able to match it by 2012 but it'll be alot closer then it currently is...

UNLESS... in this prediction, they are thinking the Wii 2.0 will be out thus lowering the sales of all Wii games as they are now Wii 2.0 games... then yes... it will surpass the Wii's software sales in 2012.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

A. PS3 will not last 10 years. Only the 1st place system lasts longer than the start of the next generation.
2. Since they launched the Wii has always had a WW LTD of 2x that of the PS3. With that comes the ability to sell at least 2x that of software.

A + 2 = no way will the PS3's yearly software sales every match that of the Wii.