By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP vs Banjo Nuts and Bolts

Which will sell better?

Around the Network

Shouldn't this be in the general gaming forum?

Concerning the topic at hand, um...I dunno.  Banjo has brand recognition, but chances are most Banjo fans own Wiis (as they were probably Mario fans first). Also, we haven't had a Banjo released in over a generation.

Because of this, both will end up facing the struggles of a new IP, imo.

I'd have to go with LBP, personally. It's already being advertised on TV and in-store at GameStop, all while previewers are gushing over the game every chance they have to play it. Banjo has thus far received no such love.

Unless MS/Rare start building the hype train now, LBP should outsell it pretty handily.

Of course it also depends on how the final games turn out.  If one ends up sucking, it probably won't sell very well.  From where I'm sitting, LBP will be the better game overall.

Tough to guess. The public doesnt really know THAT much about Nuts and Bolts yet, other than the fact its not going to be a traditional platformer... LBP on the other hand is a new IP, so it might be slow to get off the ground (of course, Assasin's Creed showed us that new IPs can do quite well if marketed correctly).

I think part of it could be decided by pricepoint of both games, too.

If i had to venture a guess, I'd say Banjo because it is an established franchise and developer. LBP looks great and all, and the User created content could absolutely make it, but I think that Rare may be doing something even more unique with the gameplay in N&B that will make it a hit. Ask me again after E3.

Banjo...Xbox has 6 million more units on the market.

Brand reckognition is also on Banjo's side...

Anyone saying that people who played n64 Banjos all own wii's need to rethink their logic. I know atleast 5 people that had n64's when they were in high school and want nothing to do with the Wii at this point of their life.

disolitude said:

Anyone saying that people who played n64 Banjos all own wii's need to rethink their logic. I know atleast 5 people that had n64's when they were in high school and want nothing to do with the Wii at this point of their life.

And what's to say these people didn't play games like Perfect Dark or Goldeneye on the N64? Did they say that they enjoyed the Banjo series? I just don't think the game will ever be able to measure up to what it did on the N64 and even there sales weren't so amazing so probably LBP. Europe tends to love games published by Sony and it could be bundled whereas I don't see that happening with Banjo.

Around the Network

this is a dupe thread

disolitude said:

I said Mario fans, not N64 owners.

And if they want nothing to do with the Wii at this point in their lives, what are the chances of them buying a game like B&K?

If sony markets LBP well, with the dolls, i think it will sell better.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

LBP.

MontanaHatchet said:
disolitude said:

And what's to say these people didn't play games like Perfect Dark or Goldeneye on the N64? Did they say that they enjoyed the Banjo series? I just don't think the game will ever be able to measure up to what it did on the N64 and even there sales weren't so amazing so probably LBP. Europe tends to love games published by Sony and it could be bundled whereas I don't see that happening with Banjo.

Correct. But some could have played banjo, mario and all the classic platformers but have since been introduced to the FPS and have gone the 360's route instead...they may pick up this game for the 360.

Sonic 2 used to be my favourite game of all time for many years. Now I want nothing to do with platformers. However I am buying Sonic Unleashed day 1.