By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales post MGS4

Lol kid you don't think people are waiting for the bundle pack to come back? Nah the free game and DS controller are non factors right? Lol.

Around the Network

I'll probably change my PS3 15 mil before 360s 20 mil because of the impending price drop effect on the 360 in america. And also because I thought Sony would be more generous with the 80 gigabyte bundles in america. Had sony been more generous, and no price drop for the 360 imminent, I'd stick to my guns, but hey, whaddya gonna do.

:S

I'm amazed that the PS3 fans can be in constant denial ...

Whenever a sales number doesn't work out how they expect it to they're always the first to call that it is under-tracked and to "Wait for NPD" ... When NPD doesn't produce the numbers they expect they justify it because obviously everyone is holding off buying a PS3 until the next game is released, or until a bundle is available. The simple fact is that the PS3 isn't that popular of a product because it lacks the games and features the majority of gamers care about, and at $400+ is a very difficult purchase to justify on an arbitrary Wednesday in the middle of the year.

HappySqurriel said:

I'm amazed that the PS3 fans can be in constant denial ...

Whenever a sales number doesn't work out how they expect it to they're always the first to call that it is under-tracked and to "Wait for NPD" ... When NPD doesn't produce the numbers they expect they justify it because obviously everyone is holding off buying a PS3 until the next game is released, or until a bundle is available. The simple fact is that the PS3 isn't that popular of a product because it lacks the games and features the majority of gamers care about, and at $400+ is a very difficult purchase to justify on an arbitrary Wednesday in the middle of the year.

well said bravo

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

MGS4 so far has sold an extra:

95,000 PS3's in Japan. 75,000 PS3's in NA. 20,000 PS3's in Others.

So far MGS4 has sold 190,000 PS3's. Pretty good if you ask me.

Around the Network

@ Happy

Yeah? Cuz I thought PS3 has outsold the 360 by 1.2 mill this year.

1.2 mil a year more than 360 is not going to get them in second or first place this gen.

kowenicki said:
Leetgeek said:

@ Happy

Yeah? Cuz I thought PS3 has outsold the 360 by 1.2 mill this year.

amazing how PS3 expectations have collapsed since the launch...

You know how this is, is shame that only a couple see it as the first step to total domination...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
tombi123 said:
MGS4 so far has sold an extra:

95,000 PS3's in Japan. 75,000 PS3's in NA. 20,000 PS3's in Others.

So far MGS4 has sold 190,000 PS3's. Pretty good if you ask me.

190.000 for the biggest and best PS3 game? I don't want to say much, but I think it will prove an EPIC dissapointment. I think that if it was released during holidays, it would have thrice the current effect. But, hey, Sony made a habit to make stupid moves this gen.

hum,

the only territory were MGS4 could still be important is NA
but this is not because of the game
but because of the bundle PS380gb+game+DS3 ...

Overall, the boost du to the game was pretty low (in %) outside Japan.

(In NA the boost was mostly du to the 100$ wallmart gift ...)

Time to Work !