By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales post MGS4

Okay, the TC has made his intentions very clear in this thread, and so have several other posters. This is just rude.

Locked.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I'm amazed that the PS3 fans can be in constant denial ...

Whenever a sales number doesn't work out how they expect it to they're always the first to call that it is under-tracked and to "Wait for NPD" ... When NPD doesn't produce the numbers they expect they justify it because obviously everyone is holding off buying a PS3 until the next game is released, or until a bundle is available. The simple fact is that the PS3 isn't that popular of a product because it lacks the games and features the majority of gamers care about, and at $400+ is a very difficult purchase to justify on an arbitrary Wednesday in the middle of the year.

Yet it still outsells the 360 EVERY WEEK WW, and has un parlell with the 360 all year in NA. Honestly I don't think it's Sony fans that need to face the reality of an unpopular console.

HappySqurriel said:

I'm amazed that the PS3 fans can be in constant denial ...

Whenever a sales number doesn't work out how they expect it to they're always the first to call that it is under-tracked and to "Wait for NPD" ... When NPD doesn't produce the numbers they expect they justify it because obviously everyone is holding off buying a PS3 until the next game is released, or until a bundle is available. The simple fact is that the PS3 isn't that popular of a product because it lacks the games and features the majority of gamers care about, and at $400+ is a very difficult purchase to justify on an arbitrary Wednesday in the middle of the year.

Yet it still outsells the 360 EVERY WEEK WW, and has un parlell with the 360 all year in NA. Honestly I don't think it's Sony fans that need to face the reality of an unpopular console.

Did someone say expectations??

How many 360 fanboys thought that the 360 would be the RPG console this generation, that the 360 would still be ahead two years after the PS3 launch, that it would have console exclusives from Valve, Epic, Square Enix, Capcom and many others. How many 360 fanboys expected one of the best packed holiday seasons with titles like Halo, Mass Effect, and Bioshock?

As a 360 owner, I've had all my gaming expectations met and surpassed... but can PS3 users say the same? It took Sony 2 years to get XMB implemented, Home is still just a beta, MGS4 is finally just here and FFXIII is years away. PS3 sales are still piss poor, developers are still on the fence to develop exclusively for the PS3 and probably won't unless Sony gives them a paycheck.

People purchased the PS3 expecting it to be the next PS2 in terms of games and developer support.. instead they got a Blu Ray player and a library with 90% ports of another console. If that meets your expectations then by all means good for you, but for a $400-$500 console, I sure as hell wouldn't be satisfied.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)