By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chrono Trigger DS confirmed real

Valkyria00 said:
Riachu said:
Valkyria00 said:
Never played the original....Akira Toriyami (however the hell you spell it) art style......S-E........yea im not too excited.
I hate FF and and DQ (<---especially the art style)
Im not excited as this as I know some peopel are but I'll wait to see gameplay. Sucks that its not 3D they shouldve at least done that. I mean theyre doing it too all the FF games.

CT character designs is easily Toriyama's best work IMO

I could be wrong but did he do DQ art? I dont like his style though so its all bad.

Yes he did DQ.  What is it about Toriyama's art style that is so bad?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
naznatips said:
Valkyria00 said:
Never played the original....Akira Toriyami (however the hell you spell it) art style......S-E........yea im not too excited.
Im not excited as this as I know some peopel are but I'll wait to see gameplay. Sucks that its not 3D they shouldve at least done that. I mean theyre doing it too all the FF games.

Some styles are more suited to 2D, or at the very least cell shading.

Hmm...but I'm not sure you can say the same for sprites. Games like Odin Sphere work well with cel-shading, games like Chrono Trigger I don't think so since the graphics are bad anyway and you wouldn't notice.

CT has some of the best graphics on the SNES and you say it is bad.  The graphics have aged very well unlike a certain PS1 FF(I don't think it is necessary to say which one)

OK, it doesn't look bad but I don't think it looks good enough to bother giving it a cel-shaded look.

This is one of those points when it's better to stop talking.

lemieux-rules66 said:
My jaw wont get off the floor, and my tears wont stop

Super suprised or extremely sad ??

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Riachu said:
Valkyria00 said:
Riachu said:
Valkyria00 said:

CT character designs is easily Toriyama's best work IMO

I could be wrong but did he do DQ art? I dont like his style though so its all bad.

Yes he did DQ.  What is it about Toriyama's art style that is so bad?

The clothes they wear, the eyes, and hair. I hate that kinda anime style. It just bugs me dont know why.

You don't like this guy's hair, eyes, or clothes? Gasp ; ;

I don't get the eyes thing on this, but other than that, you have valid opinions^^

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Around the Network

What is Chrono trigger???

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Okay, anyone who hasn't played it just pick up a damn SNES emulator and go to a ROM site. That's if you don't have a DS, SNES, or PS1.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Shura said:
What is Chrono trigger???

Where is that *face palm* gif when you need it?

Here, this'll give you a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger

PSP neglect by Square E.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

So how do you guys think the motion controls will be implemented?