By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chrono Trigger DS confirmed real

Riachu said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Somewhere in the Squeenix headquarters they probably have a dartboard which helps them decide which franchise to rehash and whore out when they need money. I guess someone finally hit a bullseye on Chrono Trigger.

S-E must have been thinking about doing a CT remake for quite a while.  S-E have stated many times that a remake was a possibility if the demand was great enough and holy crap, it was.  The game managed to go for high prices even though the game is not even rare which shows how great demand was.

When I was younger I always wanted to pick it up for the SNES. My local Funcoland kept it inside a glass wall along with it's other highly coveted games and gaming merchandise.

At that time $75 was too much for a 13 year old. Luckily last year I found some guy on craigslist giving some old SNES games away for free along with an SNES. I went to pick it up and got Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger along with the free SNES. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I updated the topic in the press release. Also added a note about opening up a billion threads about this game. I'll try and keep all info in the topic for easy access, so please don't keep making threads. If you have no info, post most of it here. It's really hard on the mods when we have to hunt through the forums to lock 5 or 6 topics on one game announcement.

I can't wait for the screenshots now. No doubt this game is going to look beautiful.

When I heard this was announced the last thing I thought was getting it in America this year.

FF IV and Chrono Trigger within 6 months of each other?

The MADNESS!!!!

What you say? They kept it 2D??

S-E ARE TRULY GODS!!!

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

I don`t usualy post here on vgchartz, but I was so happy
when I heard this, I just shit my pants!
That settles it! Now I have a reason to buy a nextgen console/handheld!
I knew this would happen eventually!
I love S-E again! I even forgave them for DoC!
I`m so excited I can`t stop using exclamation points!!!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

shams said:

N
P L A Y S T A T I O N 3

- Bandai Namco confirmed a new Tales title for PS3 will be revealed later this year.

- Nippon Ichi has released new downloadable content for Disgaea 3 on PlayStation Network, which adds two new characters from Disgaea 2 and a new generic character Neokomata. Each character costs 100 - 200 yen to download.

so there is a Tales for PS3

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I can't wait for the screenshots now. No doubt this game is going to look beautiful.

When I heard this was announced the last thing I thought was getting it in America this year.

The MADNESS!!!!

S-E ARE TRULY GODS!!!

How do you know it's still 2D?

naznatips said:
Euphoria14 said:

The MADNESS!!!!

S-E ARE TRULY GODS!!!

From the press release "

Today Square Enix announced that Chrono Trigger DS will be releasing in North America this Holiday season. This remake is 2D, and will include new dungeons and wireless play."

naznatips said:
Euphoria14 said:

The MADNESS!!!!

S-E ARE TRULY GODS!!!

According to some of the game sites, it is 2D.  I will get the remake whether it was 2D or 3D

Soriku said:
Stats87 said:
shams said:

N
P L A Y S T A T I O N 3

- Bandai Namco confirmed a new Tales title for PS3 will be revealed later this year.

- Nippon Ichi has released new downloadable content for Disgaea 3 on PlayStation Network, which adds two new characters from Disgaea 2 and a new generic character Neokomata. Each character costs 100 - 200 yen to download.

so there is a Tales for PS3

No, that's still speculation at this point. That info came from magicbox's site but magicbox doesn't get "scoops" plus Namco hasn't said anything at all. I expect a Tales on PS3 at some point but that info from the magicbox is false. Also, all the teams are occupied. They'd want to make a PS3 Tales AFTER some teams are free.

Don't forget Soriku that the magicbox was the first site that broke the news about Persona 4, i'd say they're pretty reliable.

naznatips said:
Euphoria14 said:

The MADNESS!!!!

S-E ARE TRULY GODS!!!

Today Square Enix announced that Chrono Trigger DS will be releasing in North America this Holiday season. This remake is 2D, and will include new dungeons and wireless play.

I figured that when I read this part of the headline.

........you posted it......

Currently playing: